So About That Challenge...

As you're probably aware I recently signed up for the upcoming 100-day raw fu challenge. Many of you have signed up also (there's almost 700 people last count!), which makes me really excited and motivated about this challenge. I'm looking forward to making new friends, giving and receiving support, learning from each other and just having fun.

For today's post I want to document how I got to this point and my plans for the challenge.

I'll admit I was hesitant to join the challenge because I thought I had to be 100% all the time. Actually, to be truly honest, I didn't think much about it therefore, I had no plans on joining because I figured I was good enough where I was at. Well okay, for the most part but I'll explain that later. It took Lindsay's question of "Are you gonna come sign up to do the 100 day challenge? If just for the community??" that got me thinking about this challenge. Of course, I love to socialize (duh) so what's another raw community to sign up with?! :) We love the ning network right guys? hee hee! Anyway, if I joined I'd see all my friends there and could cheer them on but I also started thinking about what to accomplish in the 100 days.

Even though I was thinking I was fine where I was at with my raw food journey so far (med-hi/high raw on average) challenging myself to do better was what I needed to do. So my goal is aiming to be higher raw or possibly all raw while being 100% vegan* for the 100 days. Now, that is something I've never done before. I also plan on following LolaBloom's footsteps of incorporating exercise or some sort of physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. I plan on doing this 4-5 times a week (and no, I won't be biking with Sam - I don't have a bike yet but when I do WATCH OUT!).

*I am excluding honey from this, also I will still be using all forms of spices and balsamic vinegar, which is cooked. I figure these are consumed in such small quantities no sense in eliminating them plus I'm just not that hard core.

What I expect to accomplish from this challenge is finally reaching goal #1 I've had in place for awhile of losing some excess weight. I've basically plateaued or sometimes I fluctuate between a few pounds so nothing's really moving much. GOTTA BUDGE THE PUDGE! Once I've reached my goal, which is about 10 pounds, I'll work on my next weight goal. I don't want to say I have to lose x amount of pounds because I want to be more focused on being healthy and not what the scale tells me so I'm doing it in stages.

In the end I hope to be more fit and healthy inside and out. I also want to learn more about food and their properties and master more yummy culinary dishes (we just bought The Best of Raw Freedom Community ebook). Making new friends in the process is a BONUS!

I want this to be a positive and fun experience for me. No guilt, no anger if I oops. Flexibility, forgiveness and patience instead. I'm hoping this challenge will enable me to make some positive, permanent changes that will help me now and in the long run.

Raw Fu challenge, here I come! Let's go with the flow!

Comments

such a brave little soul. I wish you all the best on this new journey and adventure. And even though you are going to make many friends, I hope you don't forget the non-raw friends who still love you too.

~a
sarabethxvx said…
YAY! your in! OOH! and how are you loving your ebook so far??
Lauren said…
Good luck with the challenge! I look forward to hearing all about it! :)
Michelle said…
Hey Heidi, first i love budge the pudge, made me giggle a little bit!! I think its an excellent idea to incorporate exercise into the 100 day challenge! You simply cannot go wrong there! Today i ran for exactly 1 hour. Not sure how many miles that is but it felt so good to complete it.

As far as the raw challenge goes, do your best and you will be fine! I have no goals nor do i think i can keep any goals i set, which may be sad on my part. I have very little will power when it comes to certain foods. We shall see.

I am so glad i know you! Both you and Sam, such great folks!! Good luck my friend!! Lets motivate each other!!!

M
Colleen Miller said…
You inspired me to join the challenge Thanks!!!
Carrie Nicole said…
You know Rosie, you have the PERFECT attitude about taking on a challenge like this... be compassionate to yourself, do it for the right reasons and make it fun. That's what will make it successful, you're absolutely going into it with the right motivation and right mindset.

YAY! More cheerleaders is always good for me too ;) and Rawleen too?!?! how fabu! And bunny is making it so very fun with breaking it up into 10 day mini-challenges, workbooks and prizes and everything, I mean how cool and superbly creative is she?!?

I'm really looking forward to this, I can't even begin to explain how much I need it! I look forward to cheering you on too!
Carol said…
You can do it Hihorosie!!! Whatever 'it' ends up being...you'll have done your best and you will be proud of yourself.
badash said…
YAY!!!

I'm proud of you for taking on the challenge.

HOW GREAT!!! Man this community is amazing! GOOD LUCK HIHO! =)

aaaaaaand the exercising sounds great! Seriously when you increase your exercise while raw, its out of this world!




You get the "athletic high" that you get when you exercise, AND you get the raw food high, so basically you are on a whole new level!


ahhhhhh im excited for you!
RisibleGirl said…
Tell ya what sis. When you start your raw food challenge, I'll start a challenge of my own. NO SUGAR (unless it's naturally occurring in fruit or vegetables). I will not have anything that has sugar in the first five ingredients of a label.

I won't be as challenged as you, but it'll be challenging for me nonetheless.

xoxo
sarabethxvx said…
When you win awards people start lookin up and taking notice. Like I said... I'm kinda a big deal!
KatBouska said…
Good for you! I don't know if I could hang, but it's definitely something worth considering!!
Sarah said…
Heidi, I really liked this post. Because I think your attitude is one that is poised for the best kind of success - self acceptance! You go girl. I already know this will be a terrific 100 days for ya.
So happy to friend you on the challenge. You will do great and I love your attitude. I love that you aren't gonna beat yourself up. It took me a very long time to learn that one.
XO
Pixy Lisa
Rebekah said…
Woohoo! the challenge sounds fabulous, I would join if I wasnt fasting right now!!

Cant wait to see your exciting posts :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Heidi! We can so do this and I want to incorporate physical exercise into the challenge. I went swimming today and feel so much better for it :-)
Heidi Girl, you are such an inspiration! I am so glad that I know you and I always look forward to reading your posts. I wish you much success in your challenge!! I know you will succeed no matter what you do. Your attitude is positive and also lovingly kind to what you can accomplish, and that is what is going to count these next 100 day! Boy, I hate to say it, but that sounds like sooo long! :0) But I know that with Sam and all your friends, online and off, those days will fly by! It's so cool too, that you have inspired your sister to do her own challenge. That was very supportive of her and it will be good for her also.
Sending love your way!
Anonymous said…
Yay! I am so happy to have read your story and am so happy that we are Raw Fu Ninja's together; further -- I just love seeing you in my inbox! Makes me smile to see you there, even when its to re-read or just stopping by. This has been a whirlwind weekend and we haven't even left for Jackson Hole yet (tomorrow). I will keep you updated! Thanks for the well wishes, darlin'
Autumn said…
Good luck with the challenge. I should go learn more about it some more. I've noticed others jumping on board.

Have Fun
Isle Dance said…
You. Will. Rock. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post

The "Glow"