Are You Ready for Some Raw Fu?

Try singing the title of my post to "Are you ready for some football?" Too weird? Too silly? Get used to it. hee hee!

I am about ready for the start of this challenge tomorrow. I'm not too worried about how it'll go. Or maybe I should? I did have more than my fair share of cooked food prior to the lead up which isn't good nor was it my intention but I am ready to put it behind me for at least 100 days. You know that seems like a long time but how quickly time will fly no doubt.

Special thanks to my
sis who has been supportive of my and Yardsnacker's healthful ways and to support us even more she is doing her own personal 100-day challenge alongside us. And it goes without saying that hubby is also very supportive. To all of you who are on board with Raw Fu or are cheering me and the others on from your corners of the world, much appreciation goes out to you. Having all of this support and encouragement will go a long way in this challenge.
It's been fun being a part of the Raw Fu community at the very least because everyone is just so happy and excited for this. Huge difference with this forum is that everyone has the same purpose; not necessarily the same challenge or goals but the reason we're there is the same. Major kudos go to Bunny Berry for being our Raw Fu-earless (?) leader and organizing this challenge to be encouraging and fun. Woo hoo! Contests!

Now, if only I could get the two people I work with to jump on board with me - they think I've gone completely bonkers. Heh, they thought I was a little bonkers to begin with (ha!) and then I told them last year I was eating a lot of living foods (insert crickets here) and then the other day I told them I was going all raw, all vegan. I got in return "better you than me" and "why" with plenty of shakes of the head. They have no idea what to think of me. But it's all good. They're actually very supportive in their own way even if they don't understand it. We tease each other about all of this. Any time they have to travel someplace I ask them if they want any raw restaurant recommendations.

My exercise challenge so far has been pretty good. I started Monday and worked out on Tuesday but missed yesterday so I'll be sure to workout tonight. Trying to transform this body of mine inside and out. Can't imagine what it'll be like combining raw foods with exercise. Not at the same time of course. ;)

Here's to the 100-day Raw Fu Challenge! Cheers and HI-YA!

Comments

Michelle said…
Good luck my friend! I know you will do great, heck you already are!!!

Love that last pic! So so cute!!! :O)

I'm just saying!
You GO GIRL! I am going to do a 100 day challenge as well, but it is mostly exercise, and more like your sis is doing.
xxoo

~a
sarabethxvx said…
I love the little bear picture! and Raw FU!
Anonymous said…
Your going to do great and wait tell the coworkers see how great you look and feel at the end of the 100 days.

Danieal
Anonymous said…
Oh...I'm ready! Bring it on!! HiiiiYaaaah!!!

Best wishes for your 100 days! I look forward to reading your updates!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO
sarabethxvx said…
The cashew cookies sound yummy... maybe I will do them soon! I will let you know how the coffee tasting goes :(
Raw Fu Rocks!
Pixy Lisa
Isle Dance said…
I am so happy for you! And so glad I'm joining in! I almost bypassed the whole thing, having just met some "omg-I'm-turning-40" goals, as I didn't think I'd need to jump on this bandwagon so soon afterward. But low and behold, here I am! It's so much fun doing this with the likes of you, sweet friend! :o) P.S. And it helps that the fries I just had tasted SAD. LOL!
Carol said…
You are not only going to meet your goals Hiho but exceed them!!!!

This is going to be fun!!!!!
Carrie Nicole said…
HI-YA! to you too chica! I'm SO excited to start tomorrow and be a part of all the Raw Fu goodness.

My new ND told me yesterday that I need to be off the fruit...zoikes!!

I'll be needing to get creative and will definitely be forced into kicking my sweet tooth like immediately.
Anonymous said…
Good luck, yes. I couldn't do it. Too fond of steak :)
Lauren said…
Good Luck! I know you are going to do great and I can't wait to hear all about it! :)
Yay for Rosie!! Here's to the begining of a great 100 days!! When do you get your bike?? Then you can be Rawkin' and Rollin' with your hubby! Cheers to you friend! Co-workers eat your heart out (I must do research on where that phrase came from!) Watch Rosie Go!!!!!!!
Charis said…
Wahoo Heidi!!!
What excersise are you going to be doing?
badash said…
GOOD LUCK, i know you are excited!


i made a post about the comp!
badash said…
thank you for the comment!

Hey whenever i go to yardsnacker.com (in the past 5 minutes) it wont let me go to leave a comment.

So if your hubby is around tell him thanks for the comment AND

did YOU know there was a climbing area/wall near you? he sent me a link and its totally badass! You should check it out as one of your exercising days!

http://www.isomedia.com/homes/vertical/marymoor.htm
bitt said…
yeah people at work think i'm nuts too. but then one person saw my running today and her jaw dropped because i have been too sick to run for 3 years. i just hope they put 2 and 2 together.
Autumn said…
Hey, have fun you all!

I have to spend a little less time on the internet, so I'm jumping on board in spirit & moving forward as well! But you guys are exciting.

& ha ha yeah, the teasing can be relentless! I love it though, it's usually a back & forth thing anyway :)

Cute Bears
Anonymous said…
Way to go Heidi!

Your friends might well be asking you for raw food restaurant recommendations in 100 days or so :-)
BeeARawFoodie said…
Don't expend too much energy about your co-workers. We are each on our own path, and though we share building space, often they are not even near an on ramp to our path. I have family members who are "tuned in to clean eating" who consistently bring up the you-need-protien-you-must-eat-meat thing and the other societal consumer driven garbage. Forgive them, they know not what they do. Their journey is theirs to walk, and they have struggles and goals and concerns all their own. Even on bad days, you must not forget the power of influence you yield! The world is your classroom and people will listen. You may never see the changes you bring to them, but rest assured, something is bound to linger and be heard. Walk softly but carry a big carrot stick!
RisibleGirl said…
I like the cute little bears! This first 30 days of my challenge won't be bad at all. I'm more worried about the last 40 days (when I need to add exercise). I just can't even imagine it right now.

Oh well, at least I have time to work up to the idea.

Keep on truckin' sis!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post

The "Glow"