Here WEGO!

Hey hey everybody! Happy April and April Fool's Day! I have an announcement and it's not meant to be funny. :)

For those of you who frequent my blog (thank you!) know that I’m typically not a daily blogger. On rare occasions I’ve posted more than once a day but usually I just write when I can but try to post 2-3 times a week. Sometimes it’s only once. Well, I thought I’d let you know about a challenge I’m participating in. I'm tellin' ya, it's not a joke...

The Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge hosted by WEGO Health.

This means I will be writing a post a day for the next 30 days. Ack! That’s a lot for me! But I’m up for the challenge and will do my best to keep up. I have some topic prompts but may go off topic from time to time. There may be days of a “bonus” post where I blog more than once and it's guaranteed on Thoughtful Thursdays. Those will still be happening.

So here WEGO (get it?)!

Today’s WEGO Health topicA Health Time Capsule.

Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you and your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? And what would people think of it when they found it?


Sounds easy enough, right? But then I started thinking (gets me in trouble every time! *wink*) and it wasn’t as easy as initially thought. I’ll give this a-go anyway and list some things.

1.   A pair of comfy, worn out tennies: I’ve been working on increasing my physical activity, which has been mostly walking to start.

2.   A box of baking soda: sounds funny, right? But this little gem is a workhorse and I’ve been using it so much to clean my home in a more eco-friendly way.

3.   Vitamix: okay, I wouldn’t put an actual blender in my time-capsule but a pic of one would suffice. What can I say? It’s another workhorse I don’t want to live without. This symbolizes healthy eating (and not just smoothies).

4.   A pair of garden gloves: I’m not the true gardener, that’s reserved for my husband. So even though I don’t get my hands in the soil much, gardening is still very important to me and I hope to get more involved this year.

5.   Water bottle: drink, drink, and drink more water! Clean, pure, fresh water.

6.   Rooibos tea (it’s actually an herb): we’ve been drinking this almost nightly; it’s been a longtime fave of mine. It’s rich in antioxidants and minerals (read more here or here).

7.   A bottle of kombucha: since this is a fictitious time capsule it’s okay to include my beloved fermented tea. This is pretty much a daily beverage, too.

8.   An organic sticker or pamphlet: I’m all about organic everything.

9.   Crochet hook: I love to crochet and do other crafts for creativity and balance, even if I’m not very good or fast it’s still a fun hobby.

10. T-shirt from first 5K (which I don’t have yet): my first 5K! I’m so excited! I’m still don’t plan on running… ;)

11. Smart phone: this thing is always with me. This is a +/- but it’s the truth.

12. Pic of family: my family is most dear to me. They motivate me and make me so happy!

I’m sure 100 years from now, people would laugh at the “ancient” technology but hopefully when they saw these items they’d know I love my family more than anything and tried my best at improving my health and the world around me while having a bit of fun.

What would be in your health time capsule if you created one?

Thanks for tuning in. Till tomorrow...


**To learn more about WEGO Health, you can find them below:


**To find me, see my Contact Me tab above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post