WEGO Health: Ekphrasis


Ekphrasis, a commentary on a visual piece of art.

Day 5: Write a post inspired by an image from flickr.com/explore on how it relates to your health focus.
photo credit: leisakay3
This beautiful butterfly, the common buckeye, is a great image that relates to my health focus of getting and staying healthy.

As long as I am alive, I’m constantly transforming myself in some way. My intention however, is to make those transformations positive and healthy. So day by day, bit by bit, I am becoming a healthier version of me. Again, my focus is not being skinny but being healthy.

I also associate the butterfly with beauty, patience, endurance, and uniqueness.

   ๑ Beauty – I’m not referring to outside beauty when it comes to my transformation but filling my soul with positivity and love for myself, for others.

   ๑ Patience – a must have when working towards a goal. Transformations don’t happen overnight but take time. And I must have patience if I want the success I seek and to do it right.

   ๑ Endurance – another must have to keep going even when I want to throw in the towel. Results are always happening, some unseen.

   ๑ Uniqueness – each butterfly is unique; so am I and so are you. We all have special gifts and talents. It’s what makes this world so awesome!

I hope that the changes I make will reflect these things and continue to motivate me and just maybe...inspire someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post