>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010
A review! Note: I was not paid to review/endorse this product.
Recently, I sampled a couple of energy bars from Divine Foods. One was their Boomi Bar and the other was their Prana Bar. I enjoyed them very much!
The boomi bar I tried was the cashew almond. Not raw or vegan (contains honey) but is all natural, non-GMO, no sulphured fruits and 100% gluten-free.
The prana bar, coconut acai, is 75% raw and 100% vegan. The package says, "all ingredients are raw except the nuts and seeds, which require slow cooking to denature they enzyme inhibitors they contain. This avoids stress to your digestive system." So for the raw purists out there this might be a dealbreaker. Like the boomi bar, the prana bar is also non-GMO but is all certified organic, gluten-free and soy-free.
I think between the two the boomi bar was my favorite but I'd happily eat the other. What I liked about them is they had good flavor to me and weren't overly sweet. Some raw energy bars are a little funky and not much flavor but both of these hit the spot. So depending on your preference (vegetarian or vegan, high raw or non-raw) one might fit the bill for you.
The price of them seems rather steep but at the same time, they seem pretty close to what other energy bars sell theirs for. If you are interested in a box of them, you'll be happy to know they have a shelf of one year.
They are sold in some stores but I haven't found them yet at one near me. I think the Whole Foods closest to me doesn't carry them but the next closest one does. Okay, that was a note for me. Ha ha! And of course, you can check them out online.
If you do try them or have tried, let me know what you think.
>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010
I have been nominated by two lovelies for the Happy 101 Blog Award! The two lovelies I speak of are Rawdorable and Raw Goddess Heathy - thank you ladies!
What this means is I list 10 things that make me happy or more specifically:
List 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you must link back to my blog!
In no particular order, my 10 things:
1. Family/Friends: where would I be without them? I have a family I adore; my husband, oh he's a treasure - my best friend, my companion, my strength. My baby, Caleb, he is my world. And my sister is the most awesomest and my best friend too. Of course, there are my friends. Both in person and online (you) are special treats.
2. Music: fits whatever mood and sometimes bring that balance needed at times.
3. Crafts: I love making handmade cards, although I sadly missed doing that this year. Too busy! And my new hobby, crocheting.
4. Reading: again too busy to do much reading this year but I love delving into a new adventure!
5. Playing and reading to Caleb: I love every moment with him and love the fact he loves books too. He's going to be my little reader. ;)
6. Sun: like Ms. Bitt, I too love SUNSHINE! It's sorely missed every time it hides.
7. Stress-free days: you know those days where you don't have a care in the world? Ahhh...
8. Food: I'm not one of those "eat to live" people, I'm a "live to eat" person. Okay, maybe not to the extreme but I do enjoy food and celebrations that involve food. :)
9. Sleep/Naps: who doesn't right? But seriously, now that I have a baby, I really really value sleep more than ever!
10. Presents: I love to give presents! For special occasions or not. But I'm not going to lie either, I love to receive them too. But I love giving presents and hope this year I'm better at giving them.
Now, I'm supposed to pass this award onto 10 other bloggers. This is the hard part I think. If you're not nominated, please don't be bashful to swipe this award for yourself. Everyone is worthy and no doubt has some happy things they're willing to share. Because I've been a bit slow these days, I'm not sure who's been nominated already but here it goes anyway:
Sarah at Living the Fruity Life
Debbie Does Raw
My sister Risible Girl
Connie at Naked Food Cafe
Bad Ash the Raw Food Climber
Charis of Raw Royalty
Michelle of Raw Cool
Antony Heaven in London
Amanda's Green Earth
>> Saturday, January 2, 2010
Wow, time has literally flown by! I have some things I want to blog about so I'll be working on those posts soon but wanted to give a quick HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! Hope 2010 has started on the right foot for you all. I've been on "vacation" for the past two weeks and pretty much have no idea what day/date it is! It's been fun though.
Anyway, happy 2010 to you! May the year be filled with love, peace and happiness and may all your goals be realized.