Review: Boomi and Prana Bars

A review! Note: I was not paid to review/endorse this product.

Recently, I sampled a couple of energy bars from Divine Foods. One was their Boomi Bar and the other was their Prana Bar. I enjoyed them very much!

The boomi bar I tried was the cashew almond. Not raw or vegan (contains honey) but is all natural, non-GMO, no sulphured fruits and 100% gluten-free.

The prana bar, coconut acai, is 75% raw and 100% vegan. The package says, "all ingredients are raw except the nuts and seeds, which require slow cooking to denature they enzyme inhibitors they contain. This avoids stress to your digestive system." So for the raw purists out there this might be a dealbreaker. Like the boomi bar, the prana bar is also non-GMO but is all certified organic, gluten-free and soy-free.

I think between the two the boomi bar was my favorite but I'd happily eat the other. What I liked about them is they had good flavor to me and weren't overly sweet. Some raw energy bars are a little funky and not much flavor but both of these hit the spot. So depending on your preference (vegetarian or vegan, high raw or non-raw) one might fit the bill for you.

The price of them seems rather steep but at the same time, they seem pretty close to what other energy bars sell theirs for. If you are interested in a box of them, you'll be happy to know they have a shelf of one year.

They are sold in some stores but I haven't found them yet at one near me. I think the Whole Foods closest to me doesn't carry them but the next closest one does. Okay, that was a note for me. Ha ha! And of course, you can check them out online.

If you do try them or have tried, let me know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post