The "Glow"

I know I'm supposed to be working on a different post - about my trip - but wanted to interrupt that to share something else.

********

People into the raw food lifestyle are familiar with the "glow." Maybe you're one who's been told a time or two that you have the glow. It's noticeable to spot a person who obviously is taking care of themselves by what they do and put into their bodies and especially when on the raw food lifestyle. Eating raw foods allows your body to properly process and digest foods plus all the those living enzymes and minerals means less work your body has to do so the result is a beautiful youthful glow.


I have received such comments, which are always great to hear but I have been hearing this more so lately. From people who don't know me to people in the raw food world. When I was at our local raw vegan sto
re one of the owners went on about how I (and hubby too) have transformed since she first met me; that I do have a healthy glow.

However, I have this to ask: how can I have this "glow" if I have been HORRIBLE about eating raw foods lately? I mean, I've been eating quite a bit of cooked food. The Raw Fu challenge seems to be out the window or dramatically off course. Now, I haven't been eating burgers and lasagna but primarily vegetarian with some raw foods. Basically, a very low raw diet. All this cooked food should be taxing my body therefore, eliminating any healthy glow I once had and yet I still hear about this glow I possess.

I know what this means. Do you?

Okay, I won't make you guess or wait any longer...


I.
Am.
PREGNANT!

So yeah, you read right. Pregnant. Can you believe it? Guessing I'm about eight weeks along so we're looking at a May baby. I meet with the doctor (midwife) next week - it was supposed to be tomorrow but my jury duty got in the way (another post for another day).

The journey thus far has been fairly pleasant. I mean I can't complain about any sort
of morning sickness but have experienced bloatiness. Probably not a word but it works. Anyway, since I started taking prenatal vitamins (vegan) this really hasn't been an issue. I do get sleepy-tired but not too bad since again, taking those prenatals.

S
ome of my laziness/absenteeism lately can attributed to these changes with me. Like I said, I've been on jury duty (and last week at my parents') so when I come home I have actual work to do - stuff I'm paid to do.

Hubby has been so sweet and so cute with all of this. He's always taking care of me, making sure I eat and take my vitamin and that I'm always warm (he bundled me up in my favorite hat [recent b-day gift from him], scarf and down comforter). We could turn up the heater but it's more fun being cozy right now. And of course, he's downright excited to be a Daddy!

Well, that's my (our) big news. Mr. Daddy himself will be blogging about this too if you want to take a gander his way.

More posts/updates to follow. I will probably keep posting here instead of keeping a separate blog but who knows. I need to rework this blog as it is so you'll see some changes one of these days.

As I always say: I WILL get to your blogs soon! I promise! I'm trying to catch up on home life and work now that I'm back in the present so I will be swinging by as I'm always interested in what you've been doing too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhhhhh!!!! Lovey-girl! I am sooo happy for you! Wow, I'm really excited about this: congratulations to you and the happy hubby! xoxoxo
Charis said…
Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you both! So exciting! Such a beautiful gift from God to you...can't wait to hear how all this goes... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
Isle Dance said…
Oh! My! Goodness! (((((Lots of love to you!)))))
Yea! Congratulations! Those spring babies are so nice because they keep you warm all winter. I am so happy for you. YEA!
xxoo much love and many hugs
~a
Disa said…
Congrats! I am so excited for all the raw mommas and babies that are coming into this world. Enjoy the magnificence of it all.
Leora said…
When you said "glow", I thought, "glow?" That sounds familiar. I guess that's what women do...

Take care! The first trimester is usually the toughest one. The second is wonderful. We have this expression "b'shaa tova" (in a good time) that one says to women who have just announced pregnancy.
Sarah said…
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you both :) Thanks for sharing such amazing news!!!

Hugs,
Sarah
sarabethxvx said…
I was gonna say "no wonder everyone thinks you have the glow!" Looks like someone beat me to it.
They thought it was a raw glow but it was really a theres a baby in me glow.
You two will be awesome parents!
Debbie Young said…
Yeah for Hi Ho Yard Snacker Jr!
Hope your new sprout is born near my Sam , she is May 5th , or me may 28th, geminis rule btw!
So excited for you both!
the glow indeed.. the best kind...
deb xoxoxo
BeeARawFoodie said…
Personal fireworks of happiness, awe and celebration for you all! Congratulations. (And even when you get the time, don't check my blog. Nothing of value posted in 2weeks). Happiness is yours, so sit back and enjoy the chaos.
Michelle said…
WOOHOO!!! Wonderful exciting news girlie!!! Congrats and be well!!!

M
Anonymous said…
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SUPER, SUPER EXCITED for you and Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what GREAT news!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm sending lots and lots of love your way!!

Wendi
XOXOXO
Rose said…
Congratulations! This must be such an exciting time for both you and your hubby :)
Lisa said…
YAY!! Babies all around! A little bundle of blessing.
Congratulations
XO
Pixy Lisa
Kristen's Raw said…
I'm soooo happy for the two of you. WOW!!!! Congratulations. The joy you must be feeling right now... aahhh. You're so very lucky and blessed.

Cheers to you and your family,
Kristen
Carol said…
CONGRATULATIONS HIHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prisstopolis said…
Wow! Congrats! Go Rosie :)

And eat whatever you want. Wheee!
bitt said…
That is so wonderful for you. You're gonna be a Mommy!!!!
Colleen Miller said…
Congratulations!!! I'm due in April so we can take this journey together!!! How exciting!!!
I'm still dealing with morning sickness which has caused me to avoid raw foods. I know, it stinks, but my stomach can't handle them. Every once in awhile I have been able to down a smoothie or a salad. If you are already 8 weeks you probably won't get morning sickness if you haven't already - you are so lucky!
I was wondering why you hadn't posted in awhile, now I know why. I'm so happy for you guys!!!
RisibleGirl said…
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

It's still very surreal to me, as it probably is to you as well.

I'm so glad you don't have morning sickness. I didn't either (although meat totally grossed me out with Casey).

This is a very welcomed baby!

Love,
Sis
Rebekah said…
Congrats!!! p.s. I didnt even know you were married....haha
Mary Laredo said…
How wonderful for you both. Congratulations! Mary Laredo
Vee said…
Congrats to both of you!!!! I'll keep you posted when I'm gonna be in town; maybe we can go grab a raw meal. :)

Victoria
Carrie Nicole said…
This is such exciting news!! Congratulations Rosie and Yardy!!! I'm so very happy for you both!!
shannonmarie said…
Congrats! I'm so happy for you :-)
Anonymous said…
wow wow wow...i just jumped out of my chair, literally! I am so proud, so happy, so excited for you! You both are such a blessing :) I look forward to being a spectator as the coming months progress. if you ever have any questions or worries you can always email me as I have been down this road plenty :)
XXOO
Angela
Anonymous said…
Heidi!!! Wow!!! That is fantastic news, I'm so excited for you both! Congratulations to you and Sam!
Autumn said…
OH MY! Catching up with your blog & what do I hear! How wonderful! Congratulations! THank you so much for sharing.

LOVE
badash said…
oh-my-gosh! congratulations!!!?

thats super exciting!

I bet its hard to stay raw when your pregnant, eh? Did you crave a bunch of cooked food?

are you going to raise the child vegetarian or vegan? raw? Just wondering... =)

anyways, i'm excited for you!
Kathy said…
Hey there!!! Congratulations! What wonderful news! Looks like I jumped back in just in time...

PS - you do look great!
Lauren said…
Congratulations!! I am so incredibly happy for you!! Good luck with your pregnancy! XOXO!!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post