Goodies

So it had been quite awhile since Yardsnacker and I had our cupboards full of our favorite raw treats and supplements so this past Saturday we finally stocked up at our local raw store, Raw Vegan Source (they mentioned they were in the process of updating their website so not sure it's really up to snuff just yet but for those interested they do ship nationally). Just thought I'd share some of the things we bought.

Some of the things we picked up were definitely splurges or rather, new for us.
Such as this candy bar. It was pretty good. I thought the chocolate itself could use more sweetening but the filling was delicious! If you're not familiar with raw caramel it's not ooey-gooey like you'd typically find in conventional candy. This has a drier texture - just no
t gooey - but was perfectly sweet and satisfying like caramel. To me anyway, which is all that counted at the time. :)

On the way home we snarfed this raw hummus with Italian-seasoned flax crackers. I'm not a fan of cilantro, one of the ingredients, but managed to ignore it best I could. I should try making this (without cilantro of course). Seems easy enough. I just get intimated when it comes to sprouting. I'm the type that gets lazy or forgets when sprouting so things are "too sprouted" or moldy. Whoopsie. Anyway, very good hummus.

Kale chips anyone? Neither of us had had them before but have heard many good things about them. When we go to harvest the kale we're growing in our garden we plan on making chips. This package of chips were "cheesy." Quite cheesy like the bag says. Not always does nutritional yeast make things taste cheesy (to me) but in this case it definitely worked. Again, I'll have to try something like this when I go to try making kale chips. I think Yardsnacker enjoyed them a lot (those are his fingers in the bag)!

One last thing I wanted to point out from our shopping trip was the raw granola. I remember Rawdorable doing a recent review of Lydia's Organics so when I saw the package for vanilla crunch I had to pick it up. Thanks Shannonmarie! It is really yummy! Especially with some fresh slightly sweetened raw almond milk. Mmmm...

Comments

Dude! Try making kale chips with pesto as the seasoning. Oh ma gah...so incredible :-)
Anonymous said…
Interesting - I'd never considered raw caramel before; would like to try it now :)
really looks good. Now if I can remember all this when I find a raw store. . .
~a
Ps I don't think your counter is accurate. I have made comments several times and watched it. I seem to stay at 21 comments. . .hmmm
xo
Lauren said…
I love those Livin Spoonful crackers! I buy them all the time (I have blogged about the before). I usually eat the whole package in one sitting..hehe! The pesto kind reminds me of pizza..mm!
Carol said…
Wow, what a shopping trip. Enjoy!!!
Autumn said…
Hey, just catchin up with ya! Sounds like you're having fun.

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures to www.myspace.com/ringingcedar (thought you might like to know, but it sucks that non-myspace people can't comment!)

Love
ALF said…
Oh my God! The fingers in the bag in the last picture totally freaked me out before I realized that they weren't actually the contents of the bag.
Michelle said…
Hi Heidi, your raw shopping trip looks like you got some great stuff!!! Kale chips are very good and pretty easy to make too!!! I like them cheesy!!

Michelle
Anonymous said…
Hi there Heidi! It is great fun stocking up the raw pantry. I recognize few of the same name brand items that is in my pantry, "Really Raw Wildcrafted Carob Power", Artisana Raw Organic Coconut Butter", and agave. I've got those Organic Dried Turkish Apricots on my list to buy. Looks like you'll be busy in the kitchen. :-)
Becca Campbell said…
Missed you at Raw Spirit Fest! We had some of those kale chips there...SO GOOD. I tried making them myself, but I have to dehydrate them for longer I think so they melt in the mouth better.
All that stuff looks yum! I love to splurge when I find raw stuff at the grocery.
XO
Pixy Lisa
badash said…
WOW that chocolate looks divine. I want it now! =)
bitt said…
those coconut curry crackers are so good. i haven't tried any of the other stuff, but i want to try the kale ships. mmm.
Debbie Young said…
oh rosie, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
nuff said
love deb
PS
see my first post on raw spirit!
debbidoesraw.blogspot.com
It all looks soooo gooood!!! Kale Chips, never heard of them, but must try. Wish we had a great store like that to peruse, we'd probably never leave!
RisibleGirl said…
If you still have it- check the carb content on that carmel bar thingee- I'm curious about it (for myself)

Nice to see you yesterday!

xo
Carrie Nicole said…
Rosie!!!!! Missed you sister! I'm back in action and feeling better, not quite 100% but I feel I'm almost there!

A few things ruled out but still not certain what the fuss was about but what a wild and exhausting 4 weeks! I am SO happy to be able to check back in and catch up with everyone again.

And, I'm WAY jealous of your fantastic treats! I definitely need to make a trip there one of these days, never have gone and sounds like just the spot to stock on lots of raw goodies!

Hugs to you!!!
Anonymous said…
Looks like a tasty, tasty feast:) ju
Anonymous said…
I had those exact kale chips at Raw Spirit Festival and I brought home the bag so I can try to recreate the recipe! Wow , that is kizmet!
(BTW I finally ordered a dehydrator from Natural Zing - where quite a few of us hung out and helped out at RSF) I am so excited - I will have to borrow any good recipes you 2 have!
Blessings,
Angela
Anonymous said…
I have the same problem with sprouting.

Glad you enjoyed your treats - they look delicious!
shannonmarie said…
That's funny. I was planning on posting a comment about all the great stuff you purchased, as soon as I logged onto your site and saw that pic of all your loot. I was like, "wow, I want some of that." Then, I panned down to see I was actually mentioned in the post. Cool. I'm glad you liked the cereal. Now, I've gotta check out that candy bar :-)
Anonymous said…
hi rosie! just popping in for a bit of raw inspiration :) with my recent move, i have fallen off the raw wagon, but i guess i needed a bit more balance. i am looking forward to finding my happy medium again :) you look like you are doing awesome!

have a blessed day,
shelbi
badash said…
Just don't go ride some planes with homemade superfoods --- did you see this article? http://www.naturalnews.com/024304.html
Debbie Young said…
that article is so scary.. we are all lucky coming back from Sedona...we could have gotten arrested for raw choco goodies!
deb

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post