>> Wednesday, April 11, 2012
I’m sure we’ve all had bad experiences or challenges with a variety of
hair styling products. Some stink or are way too fragrant, some flake, some
goop, some make your hair crunchy or sticky or sometimes, it’s completely immovable.
And this includes men’s hair products. It’s not just women who deal with this stuff. A lot of guys these days spike their hair or try to keep each strand in place. Even some kids use hair products.
YS2 is a bit young for hair products but we have used some a time or two to make it a bit more manageable. Of course, he only gets the best stuff if we do. J
Unfortunately, many commercial products are made with some very toxic ingredients all in an effort to make your hair do whatever it is you want it to do. Ingredients including:
- Silicone and acetate, they coat your hair which leads to bacteria and clogged pores and make it difficult for new hair to grow. Plastics, including phthalates, causes hyperactivity in children, birth defects, damages reproductive systems, liver, kidneys…list goes on.
- Many men’s hair products contain Disodium EDTA, which is a penetration enhancer. Makes it easier for other chemicals to penetrate the skin. It’s a carcinogen and harmful if inhaled.
- Synthetic fragrances. Many are carcinogenic, causing brain damage.
- Phenoxyethanol is a preservative but is a known skin irritant that can also cause birth defects. It’s harmful to wildlife and to the environment. Affects the brain and nervous system.
- Propylparaben is an estrogen mimicker, affects the reproductive system and other organs.
These are just some of the ingredients commonly found in commercial hair styling products.
Morrocco Method (I love them!) has created their whole hair care line, including styling products, to be free of these and other harmful toxins so they are safe to use on my bambino’s precious head.
a Rafflecopter giveaway