Cheeze-itz

I finally made these crackers found on Gone Raw; Heathy also featured them here and made some changes, which I followed. Or some of them anyway (I followed her notes on the nuts and seeds but forgot to add in any additional spices and sun-dried tomatoes like she did). One thing I did have to do was add in some water in order to get the stuff moving. I don't recommend doing this unless you have to. I should've mixed this in stages. With the batter being more wet than desired it didn't give the crackers a very nice look. Still tasted good but weird looking. If you check out Heathy's page you'll see how they should look. Like appetizing crackers. :)

Now, whenever I come across a raw recipe that's titled after something found in the conventional world I find that most of the time it doesn't taste much like the original. That isn't to say that the raw version isn't any good; most of the time it's delicious. It's just the names of some of these recipes can be deceiving and may lead to disappointment or make a non-raw fooder feeling tricked.

Anyway, these cheeze-itz I do have to say taste a lot like the stuff you'd find in a box on a store shelf. Not exactly the same but very close. And yes, I still have a memory of the actual cracker. :) These, however, are healthier! I have to admit as I was making this that I had very little hope that these would take on any sort of "cheesy" flavor when done. I was shockingly surprised and pleasantly so.

Next time I make these I plan on adding in some cayenne pepper. Mmmm....

Comments

Your crackers look lovely and they turned out just as beautiful as Heathy's. And anyway, it's not at all how something looks, it's all in the taste! I never seem to have the energy to 'cook' with my dehydrator. It just seems like such a bother. But you make everything look so great, I might have to try this recipe out!
Isle Dance said…
YAY!!!!! I'm so happy you!!!!! :o)
bitt said…
we should do a cracker-swap next. i'm bored with mine.
sarabethxvx said…
I have been meaning to make these (you know!) now you've inspired me. Maybe this weekend....
ALF said…
Those sound good.
Cheeze-Its were always one of my favorite junk crackers. I will have to try this healthy version!
Lauren said…
Mmm.. I would love to try these out! I love raw crackers!
Michelle said…
Looks yummy, i can almost smell them through the computer!!! I always love a good cracker!!

:O)

M
Carol said…
Once I score a dehydrater, I have these crackers on my list to make. Glad to hear you liked them!!
Anonymous said…
I totally agree with you about the naming of raw food after conventional foods. That's a pet peeve of mine.

They look great, nice and lite for a raw cracker:) They would be great with some olives and tomatoes;) yummmm I'm hungry!
RisibleGirl said…
I clicked on the picture so I could see the crackers in more detail. They do look yummy!

Unless you're a chef in a fru-fru restaurant- who cares what they look like as long as they taste good, right?

Maybe you and Sam ought to open up your own raw food place! Wouldn't that be fun?
Violet said…
do you use nutritional yeast in your raw life?
if yes, add more to cracker recipe to "cheeze" it.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post