For the Recipe Box

Some of you were asking about the marinara sauce and the "cheese" I used on the zucchini post, so here are those recipes.

The Parmesan cheese topping is a recipe I got from Raw Goddess Heathy, which I blogged about here. I also include the link to her original post; you should check it out anyway as it includes an array of her incredibleness. When I grow up I hope to be like her. :D

The marinara sauce I found online. You can find many raw sauce recipes by just googling it but here's the one I like. Unfortunately, the website I found it from no longer works so I'm sorry to whoever I got this from but I can't give you credit as a result.

Marinara Sauce
1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes*
1 fresh tomato
3 cloves garlic
1 TBS EVOO
1 TBS agave
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
water

BLEND! Add water in as needed for desired consistency.

*My notes: 1) I'm GUESSING on the amount of sun-dried tomatoes (BTW, I use dried sun-dried tomatoes and not ones packed in oil). The original recipe may or may not have indicated the amount but alas I have no proof; don't think you can go wrong whatever amount you use. 2) I soak them for at least one hour or more. Not sure this is required but I soak them so I can have a smoother sauce yet still thick. 3) For the fresh tomato I usually use a large one or a couple of small-medium romas. 4) Don't think the original recipe indicated whether to use fresh or dried herbs but I use dried herbs. Maybe once my fresh basil is grown I'll try that instead. 5) And then for me, it helps to have hubby on standby to tweak the spices as necessary. He's my saucey tweaker. ha ha!

Comments

it sounds delish! Yeah, my hubby is the saucy tweaker as well

thanks for the recipes

~a
Isle Dance said…
LOVE this - thank you! Yum. Yum. Yum. You rock! :o)
Leora said…
I've read about nutritional yeast tasting like cheese. Now that you've tipped me off as to how to use it, I may give it a try later this summer. Thanks.
Michelle said…
Thanks friend for sharing!
M
badash said…
Thank you,

you made me feel 1000 times better!

I think i need to start keeping my mouth shut unless people ask about my diet... I am not the one to be in debates and arguments... (I never know how to reply... then I just make myself and my "diet/lifestyle" look stupid. =/



People are just so caught up in mainstream thoughts and ideas that they can't relate to raw foodists.

BY THE WAY, about a year ago, I remember thinking, "MAN, I could never be a vegan, its too extreme!" but look at me now, not only am I a vegan, but a RAW one!

It is because I kept an open mind! I will try anthing once... or twice... ya know!?

It is so crazy that I am a health enthusiast now... you would have never guessed 5 years ago!

anyways

now im rambling.

HEY its 12am, its my b-day! yay
badash said…
I am 17.... on the 17th! It's my golden birthday! =)

btw, i am having a few friends over later... do you have a fav raw food dinner recipe that is last minute and easy? Im looking...
Carrie Nicole said…
Very yummy sauce indeed, it's on my short list for meals for next week when I will bravely attempt my first zucchini noodles!

So strange about the feed... just got backed up for a bit and then once it had it's fiberous veggies, it all came through! :) (i'm so bad, I'll turn anything into toilet humour..ha!)
RisibleGirl said…
First- I'm not sure that I want to know that Annie's husband is a "saucy tweaker". tee hee.

What a cute recipe box! Again, I'm still SO impressed with the care and energy you put into your recipes. I really think you ought to make a raw food cookbook. SERIOUSLY. I think you could make it really cute with anecdotes and stuff.
badash said…
Thanks!

yah i need to start juicing green veggies too

im excited



it is one of the best b-day presents ive ever recieved
Heather Pace said…
Hehe, awww, ure a sweetheart ;D
All your stuff is lookin great girlie! Oh man, arent the almond toasts amazing?! I love em too! You're gonna love the bruschetta...mmmm!!!

have a great one~ love and light
Sarah said…
That was one of the things I missed the most when I transitioned (cooked tomato sauce) - I'm such a tomato junkie. :) Looks like a yummy recipe and btw, I tweak everything I make anyway. LOL
Sounds wonderful! As soon as I am done with my 30 days raw fruit experiement I'm gonna try this!
Stephanie said…
Wow it all sounds so delicious!!

I don't know a thing about raw food diets but you have really got my interest. It sounds yummy and healthy.

Your blog is so pretty by the way!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post