Hips Don't Lie

Hubby and I went camping over the weekend. In quick summary, it was a lot of fun. The weather was okay. IT DID NOT RAIN! That was the good thing but it was colder than we would’ve liked. Oh well. Beggars can’t be choosers right? Or so they say.

There are very few things I don’t like about camping (car camping that is) because it was something I grew up doing. Most of my family vacations were of us going camping in the Redwoods. Mmm, I can just smell those trees now. I have many fond memories of camping. However, one of those few things I complain about is sleeping on the ground. We brought along workout mats (like what gymnasts use – thick padding), which did help in evening out the ground so there were no rocks jabbing our backs, but it was still rather hard to lie on. Life was definitely better with them though so maybe I shouldn’t complain? It’s just I’m the type of person who sleeps on her side only so now my hips are quite sore! I suppose it’s alright because I’d rather my hips be bruised than my back out of whack.

I’m also afraid I wasn’t a very good raw foodist when it came to my breakfasts. I wasn’t very vegan and certainly not raw but my lunch and dinner were. Does that count? I made a couple of justifications for my breakfast since I was camping. My excuse anyway. My poor choices will probably go straight to my hips – maybe I’ll have extra padding there for when I go camping again. Ha ha!

Well, more camping details and delights to follow……..stay tuned!



Comments

Candice Davis said…
Believe it or not, I've never been camping in my life. It always looks like fun on tv though! Glad you guys had fun, even if you weren't all Raw. Somehow I think you'll be fine. :-)
Anonymous said…
Camping sounds fun. Hips or no hips.
I'd opt for no hips and a bigger pad.
( :

HUGS!!
yeah, that is what I hate about that too. And as we get older, it is harder. My kids could sleep flat on a rug and do fine, but me? no way!
I purchased one of those memory foam mattresses from Wal-Mart and it spoils me so bad I NEVER want to leave home.
Those things suck you right into the bed if you accidentally lean in to make it or something. Next thing, it has invited you to lie down and take a nap.

Glad you had no rain, I was hoping for that, I forgot to add warmth to my wishes, ratz.

~a
Isle Dance said…
I hear you, girl! Pokey hips can hurt after camping and food choices are always there for us. Good for you for having such a great time, no matter what! :o)
Michelle said…
Hi, i'd love to talk to you more about camping! I am going to be hiking/camping for 3 nights in July in Oregon! Can't wait really! What tips can you share?
M
Carrie Nicole said…
Oh so fun!! I grew up camping as well, just me and my mom mostly and on the east coast. But we did quite a bit once we moved to WA too. I really do miss it and keep saying that I want to go again soon.

I definitely think for me, camping would be rather modified compared to how mom and I would rough it! I'm thinking my queen size aerobed perhaps?!? ha!

Glad you guys had fun and stayed dry at least. Hugs
Anonymous said…
Ah girl! I'm a hip-sleeper too... so we do the air-mattress thing. It's still not comfortable as MY BED but it's a heckuva lot better than a pad... jmo. ;-)

We're going camping too - wanna rough it with us & the kiddos?
Rebekah said…
your a braver woman than I!! haha.. the bugs in my house creep me out enough..let alone ones outside :x
RisibleGirl said…
I'd need to bring a king sized bed with me. There is NO way I could sleep on the ground. Of course, I'm almost 10 years older than you. That next 10 years is a real pain in the patooty.

Glad you had fun!
melindapollard said…
The camping trip sounds like fun- I can't wait to go this summer! I had the same experience my first time though, the rocks hurt my back and the second time we brought an air mattress- much better! lol
Sarah said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :) I was starting to have a suspicion that maybe you and Yardsnacker belonged to each other...esp since you both recently went camping and all...but I've never seen either of you say it on your blogs... I feel like such a dunce! Glad to finally figure it out. You guys are cute apart but together you're too cute!!!
Anonymous said…
i "heart " a camper girl! I love camping!!! but part of the joy has been (in the past) campfire coffee, cast iron pot eggs etc...
Next campout I am bringing an electrical adaptor for my Blendtec and oodles of oranges for breakfast OJ.
As for the rest of the day...I havent figured that out..yet.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post