Breakin’ a sweat

>> Monday, July 28, 2008

As most of you know the Raw Fu challenge starts Friday. Woo hoo! In four days. In my earlier post I mentioned that besides going all raw for the challenge (or at the very least, being 100% vegan) that I would also incorporate exercise. Not usually my favorite thing to do but I need to workout.

My plan is to workout 4-5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes (requirement: have to break a sweat) and then taking weekends off to do whatever. Since the Raw Fu challenge starts on a Friday I decided to start my exercise commitment today.

I don’t have any set plan to do this or to do that for my routine but I’ll do whatever depending on the weather or availability of equipment. So today, I opted to stay indoors and use the treadmill. This is usually my first choice when working out in the exercise facility.

I got a little gung-ho at first that my pace was a little too brisk! I slowed things down a little so I don’t end up like this guy (warning: there is swearing in it):



With my whole exercise routine, I have to start out somewhat slow since I’m not in shape. I mean I’m not exactly ready to climb Mt. Everest but more like the bunny hill. I just wanted to make sure I was getting an adequate workout and breaking a sweat so I kept a fairly brisk pace (controllable) and steeper incline to get movin.

As I was working out, things were fine. I didn’t feel sick from toxins being stirred up nor was I huffin n’ puffin but just felt kinda blah or bored with what I was doing. Interestingly enough though, at the 30 minute mark was when things really started to go great. I fell into a comfortable flow and ended up working out for about 45 minutes. Not too shabby.

Before I left for my workout I made sure I had some fresh watermelon cut up chillin in the fridge for when I return. The perfect refreshingly sweet treat for hydrating.

Well, I managed one day of exercise so far. Now, the challenge is to keep it up…maybe invest in the Wii Fit too.

blog comments powered by Disqus Powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP