Juicy!

While I’m not currently on a juice feast like so many others at the moment I do like my share of fresh juice. Before doing any sort of raw, I enjoyed juice but tried to be aware of the ones with HFS (high fructose syrup) but now, being mostly raw I actually make fresh juice from time to time and of course, it’s HFS-free! So much better for me and very tasty I might add.

Pixywinks and Londoner (as I love to call her) have been posting some great sounding juices they’ve been creating. I want to try some of them.

Over the weekend I made this one:


2 red delicious apples
1 jalapeno
1 golden beet
2 red bell peppers
3+ handfuls of baby carrots
½ cucumber
4 or 5 celery stalks

My hubby thought it was pretty good; could’ve lessened the amount of carrots. Hee hee! We both agreed the whole jalapeno was a little too hot but it still felt good. Very warming. You never know with jalapenos sometimes…some are so mild and then others are pretty hot-cha-cha.

Hubby later made watermelon juice. YUM!!!!!! Just straight watermelon juice. It is so good and one of my faves. It filled us up and made us feel really good while we were out and about.

What are some of your favorite juices you make?

Comments

I just drank 1 1/2 quarts of Juicy Ben's - Blood Orange/Red Globe Grapes/Blueberrys (or strawberrys)
AWESOME!!
Also watermelon/blueberry is great and watermelon/strawberry
Pixy Lisa
Colleen Miller said…
Your juice sounds delicious! I just love beets. Who would have thought? Overall, I really need to start more juices. I love soups but haven't made any lately. The watermelon juice sounds delightful!
When I juice I usually make one with:
carrots
beets
celery
apples

I've never juiced cukes or peppers. My next venture though is to juice coconut meat. According to Raw Transformation uncookbook juicing the meat leads to a very tasty dessert frosting!
Now I'm all juiced up! Thanks for the inspirations!
HiHoRosie said…
Ooh, never thought to actually juice coconut meat. I have a hard time keeping my fingers away from snacking on it!

Yes, juice is so good and I would love to do more of it. Just need to plan and organize. :)
Isle Dance said…
GORGEOUS looking!!!!
Kathy said…
My favorite is Carrot/Celery/Red Pepper/Cucumber!

Never tried a Jalapeno, maybe next time I'm in the produce section I'll grab one!
Rebekah said…
Yum! Looks lovely!!

I love Carrot/celery/kale(easy on the kale)

also.. Melon/pear/grapefruit..is amazing..not food combining I know..but didnt cause any upset for me :)
Carrie Nicole said…
I do a green lemonade every morning:

1 sm bunch kale
1/2 - 1 cuke (cukes are THE best and go with any, any, any juice fixins)
3 celery stalks
1 romaine heart or 1/2 lg head romaine
1 gala apple
1 inch ginger
juice of 1 lemon in after bc if I juice whole, it's too bitter lemony for my liking.

I started juicing with apples, carrots, celery and tomato but I find it's too sweet for me anymore. I really want to start experimenting with new juices on the weekends when I have more time to mix it up.

Peace and veggies!
melindapollard said…
That juice looks awesome- I may have to try that one!
Anonymous said…
Hi Rosie!
First try, not bad.. not bad at all. ;-D. Well as promised, here we go. I am: Japanese, Hawaiian, Korean, Irish, Scottish, English, Dutch, and French! Whew.. lol Thanks for playing; you win a Raw Chai Recipe!

1 Serving
1 C. almond milk
1 Tbs. pure maple syrup, or 1 packet stevia
Sprinkles of nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove.
Heat mixture carefully over low heat. Being careful as to not go over 115 degrees F. Enjoy!

(Courtesy of Natalia Rose, One of many simple and tasty recipes from her book, "The Raw Food Detox Diet.")
Rebekah said…
Hi! Thanks for your comment :)
I look forward to checkinig your blog often...Also, im new to raw foods (newer than you) do if you have any tips or easy recipes to share, please do! :)

Nice to meet you!

Rebekah
RisibleGirl said…
TOTALLY off topic, but I can't see the word "juicy" anymore without thinking about our shopping trip to Nordies and making an idiot of myself.

Good times, sis.... good times..

I hope you two wacky kids had a good time last night!
Anonymous said…
Sounds super tasty, the Jalepeno one reminds me of V8, I dig HOT.
yardsnacker said…
Anything with a little bit of nettle. Oh my I love nettle juice! :D :)

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post