Raw Food on the March!

I came into work today to find on my desk some pages ripped from a magazine showing a familiar face staring back at me. My boss told me he brought them in from his wife for me (she’s so sweet!). The pages I’m referring to is an article currently found in the June 2008 Food and Wine magazine featuring lil ms. Ani Phyo! I don’t think this new issue is available just yet, except for subscribers but when it goes on sale go check it out – she’s on pages 94-99 – it’s mainly recipes but seriously how cool is that?! Go Ani!

To have my boss’s wife think of me knowing I’d appreciate this article reminds me how grateful I am to have people in my life who are supportive of my raw food ways. I mean yeah, sure she could’ve kept the article to herself to experiment with these raw food recipes but I like the fact that she shared it with me (ha ha!). My hubby and I have been fortunate to have supportive people around us. I’ve heard of others who are met with criticism, weird looks, and grief because of their desire to eat healthy. Hopefully we’ll continue to see more positive press on the raw vegan lifestyle that will help aid in people’s understanding of it; that it’s not just some extreme radical diet.

Now, check this out. You know I’ve been complaining about our cold spring for some time now. Well…..this week it’s supposed to get warmer with each day. Finally! You have no idea how happy this makes me.



Do you see that? Just ignore the rainy days. Thursday SEVENTY-SEVEN DEGREES! And Friday, EIGHTY-TWO DEGREES! I’m so looking forward to some heat. With all that sunshine I might need to get a small dose of vitamin D. :)

So last night I watched the season finale of “
Survivor.” I love that show! I have been a faithful viewer since the first season and this season was one of the best ever. I have to tell ya I was disappointed that Parvati won the million dollars. I was rooting for Amanda although, it would’ve been fun to see it end up in a tie – what then? Anyway, I liked Amanda more than Parv because she’s loyal and more likeable IMO but I think the turning point for me with Parv was when she turned on her ally Ozzy then tried to smooth things over with James however, Ozzy should’ve played the immunity idol, plain and simple. I was bummed when James had to leave the game early due to an injury. My favorite part of the show was when at last tribal council Ozzy more or less professed his love for Amanda (I’m a sucker for romance). It was so sweet – it just made me smile and happy for them. Hee hee! Now, will they compete together on “Amazing Race” like Rob and Amber did? That would be awesome!

Comments

Penni said…
My late mother-in-law subscribed me to Food & Wine for life, I think and I was soooo delighted to see a raw food articled tucked right in the middle of the June grilling issue! Wasn't that perfect? Love the Ani Phyo! Raw food is really hitting mainstream foodies with that article.
Colleen Miller said…
WOW! I LOVE your new blog look!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!!
Colleen Miller said…
BTW~ I'm so glad to have met you thru blogging!!! You are such a sweetie and I love reading your blog adventures! :-)
Michelle said…
I couldn't agree with you more regarding the Survivor thing. My husband and I were like, "NO WAY! Boo!" It was a good season though.

It is great that you have such positive support. I have a good mix, it keeps me on my toes. I have my family who is supportive, most of my friends and then there are my friends who like to make fun of me and talk about eating steak and BBQ in front of me. Ha ha maybe I need to get some new friends.
RisibleGirl said…
Yeah, the weather has been hashing my buzz and to think- I'll he in NY Just as it starts to act nice out. Oh well....

I haven't watched survivor since season ! It's about the only reality TV I don't watch.
Carrie Nicole said…
Ok a few things....

1. Love the new layout, background is my FAVE color in the whole wide world!!

2. I'm a F&W subscriber and haven't even cracked mine open yet...oops! Can't wait to get home and read this today.

3. You rock.

oh, I guess I said a few which suggests I had 4 things so...

4. You TOTALLY rock....there.

Hugs
Carrie Nicole said…
Ok, I have 5...forgot one.

5. The weather....like how cool is that?!?!? I seriously looked at my work calendar first thing this am to figure out if I could play hooky this friday! Vitamin D is right, I'm SUPER deficient so I will be spending some QT outdoors this weekend.
Anonymous said…
It always surprises me that raw food is not yet a little more mainstream. Your blog proves that it's on its way ... slowly but surely ... just the way vegetarianism did perhaps so long ago now ... xx
Isle Dance said…
That is ((so)) neat! And how lucky are you?! When I began my retail organic/healthy food journey twenty years ago, I was ((so)) alone. I was Little Miss Conventional shopping in Hempville, USA (or so the other conventional's thought...or maybe they thought I was granola?? I dunno!). Oh, how this journey helps us grow. Now I hear about them buying organic...and now I'm freaking them out with raw food and sleeping in a hammock. Too funny! :o)
Sarah said…
I'm a survivor fan too...I can't believe Parvati won either. Although, as devious as she was and as much as I could never play that way, she DID play a very sharp game...

Very cute blog template!
Kristen's Raw said…
Love the press that Raw is getting! Awesome :)

I didn't get to see this season's survivor...but I'll see if it's on netflix soon!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post