Fun: Blog Awards and a Meme

For Japan relief, click here.

Hey, I’ve seen spring people! Yes, I have - I saw it over by Trader Joe’s. There were pink blossoms, lots of them, on the trees. It was a lovely and welcome sight. I still haven't seen much sun though. Anyway, I have the feeling I’m not alone in saying buh-bye winter, hello spring!

You may have noticed some blog awards being passed around lately. I was bestowed a couple myself I’d like to share with you, plus a fun meme.

First up, I received the One Lovely Blog award from Elizabeth at RAW Living and Learning. Muchos gracias! I was familiar with Elizabeth on my blog rounds but only recently learned of her blog (I’m apparently behind!). Now in addition to her lovely comments, I get to enjoy her blog, too.

For the One Lovely Blog award:
     1. Thank and link the blogger who has given you the award.
     2. Copy and paste the Logo in your blog.
     3. Share 7 things about yourself.
     4. Nominate 15 other Great Bloggers.
     5. Comment and let them know of the award.


7 Things About Me:
1. I learned to crochet (basics) about a year and a half ago then put it down until recently. Of course I forgot some important steps but relearned them thanks to my darling SIL (who’s a pro I swear). Now, I’m being ambitious and committed myself to making my first afghan. I’ll let you know how it turns out…in about 10 years! Some might say I’m a granny in training but that’s alright – I enjoy it.

2. I’m adopted. Didn’t you know that already? Yeah, I am.

3. I’m a lefty! Woot woot! However, if you need me to throw or kick a ball it’s with my right. With my left I throw like a girl (hee hee!)

4. I love sports. Not necessarily to play although I love to play volleyball. I actually enjoy watching football and some baseball. I’m not like a sports guy who will watch anything or any team, I’m more selective but love to watch a good ol’ football game.

5. I got chased by two cops once – on foot. I crossed the street (in a crosswalk) about two seconds before the light turned in my favor (no, really it was only a of couple seconds) and I heard someone from behind yelling but didn’t think it was directed at me so I kept walking. Wrong. I eventually turned just as a cop was running after me calling for his partner, Rudy who was across the street, to help. Seriously? I’m a threat and you’re calling for “backup?” Don’t you have real bad guys to catch? Sheesh. Honestly, I barely remember seeing him leaning up against the wall before all this drama and thought he was a security guard. Gave me a stupid ticket for $150 or something for crossing the street against the light.

6. I love to read. I don’t read as much as I’d like to but have always enjoyed reading, especially mystery/suspense novels. Currently I’m reading Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr and Incendiary by Chris Cleave.

7. I’m shy. This one seems to throw people but yes, I am a bit shy at first and was even painfully shy as a child (but very obnoxious with friends). Once I’ve had a chance to warm up, watch out! I just might be a bit goofy, loud, a ham and talk your ear off.

Now, I’m supposed to forward this to 15 other bloggers. I’ve seen this on a lot of blogs already that I don’t know who hasn’t gotten it so I’ll list a few, not knowing if they’ve received this award or not, and leave it open to anyone else because in my mind you all deserve it.


The next award I received, the Stylish Blogger award, is from the ever so lovely Terilynn of The Daily Raw Café. She’s pretty stylin’ herself. Her blog has been one of my faves since I first ventured into raw living a few years ago. Her dishes and creativity have always amazed and inspired me. So I’m honored she thought of me for this award.

For the Stylish Blogger award:
     1. Make a post that links back to the blogger who gave you the award.
     2. Nominate ten more bloggers to receive the award and list them in your post along with links to their blogs.
     3. Tell them they’ve received the award by posting a comment on their blog.
  • Melissa - Contagious Health - Heart of gold this one. Melissa has a refreshing style to her blog. It’s casual, it’s warm, it’s inviting and welcoming, it’s honest. I have a feeling she’s all those wonderful attributes in real life and more.
  • Elena - Vega-licious - she just moved and updated her blog and it looks great! She’s also a professional photographer so her pics are full of color and vibrancy. What can I say? She’s stylin’ for sure.
  • Antony in London - He’s definitely someone I’d love to hang out with. He’s an intelligent and witty guy who loves good food, good films and good books.
  • Kelli - Animal Friendly Eating - She’s creative in whatever she does whether in the kitchen or with crafts. I enjoy going to her blog often for inspiration or a smile.
  • Rawdorable - This girlie’s got it going on in the kitchen! You’ve seen her raw vegan cupcakes haven’t you? I’ve been following her blog for a few years now and enjoy seeing how she “rawifies” things.
  • Lauren - Ginger is the New Pink - She’s Italian, she’s funny, and she loves Sunshine burgers and Bubbies pickles. A girl after my own heart (although, I’m not Italian but love Italian food if that counts). And her little family is so darling esp with Baby A added to the mix.
  • Rawkin Mom - Her blog is new to me but love the recipes she shares and involving her kiddies in the process. And she has an affinity for kale chips like me! She is rawkin’.
  • Elizabeth - RAW Living and Learning - Sweet Elizabeth, always leaving kind and supportive words wherever she goes and her blog is no exception. Definitely worth a visit.
  • Rawleen - Another source of inspiration for me. She makes everything look so simple and beautiful. I’m amazed how she manages to keep herself put together while running a full household (her girls are beautiful!). Okay, she might be modest and disagree but seriously she amazes me.
  • Noelle - An Opera Singer in the Kitchen - She makes and shares many delectable delights! Plus she’s got a beautiful voice to boot. Singing and cooking in the kitchen? Great combo! She also just released her first e-book.
Last but certainly not least, I was tagged by Junia for Top 5 Daily Essentials.



My Top 5 Daily Essentials
1. Kisses and loves from my two boys – Yardsnacker and Yardsnacker Jr.
2. Water – okay, I don’t drink nearly enough but still it’s essential for me.
3. A book – I commute by bus most days and need something to do!
4. Something spicy - a jalapeno, some hot sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne on something and I'm good to go.
5. Avocado – now that they’re in season, oh yeah, time to load up! Guacamole anyone?

I’m leaving this one open, too, for all to do if you’d like.

All these awards make me think about my own I live to give out, that it's time to pass it along to someone new. Next time.

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post