Product Review - Baby Carrot, Part II

Yesterday I posted a review on Baby Carrot’s Goo-Goo Baby Bum Balm from Wild Carrot Herbals. You can check out that review here.

As a continuation of my review of Wild Carrot products, today’s post is on their Borage Butter Eczema Cream.

Review #2
 

The review of this product is actually from a friend, who gave me permission to share her story. I omitted names of course.

I loved the bum balm so much that I wondered about the eczema cream and thinking of this friend of mine who has children who suffer from eczema I picked up a jar for her. The levels of their conditions range from mild to severe at times.

Ingredients: Contains cold pressed organic borage seed oil, organic coconut oil, raw shea butter, cocoa butter, vegetable emulsifying wax NF, palm stearic acid, rosemary oleoresin, tocopherol vitamin E, grapefruit seed extract, pure therapeutic grade essential oils of Albanian green myrtle and Moroccan blue chamomile

My friend’s eldest son called to tell me thanks for the cream and that it worked. I asked him if it stunk and he said, kinda. Ha ha! Well, my nose smelled the tester at the store and didn’t think it was stinky but then he’s a boy! *wink*

I talked to my friend later about it from her perspective and she said, “that stuff is AWESOME!!!” She told me that after ONE use she had noticed a huge difference, so much so that she tried it on her other child who sometimes experiences a more severe degree of eczema (i.e. open sores, etc). She said, “…it's FANTASTIC! We aren't going to use the chemicals and steroids on him anymore. Yay! I didn't think it was possible to find a natural product that would get such great results for [child #2] and I'm just thrilled! :)”

A couple weeks later, I followed up with her again to see how it’s working. She told me that with all three of her kids this works, especially with mild cases of eczema. Her oldest son’s hands cleared up and her youngest “who had really bad bumpy dry skin on his entire back is starting to feel smooth again...first time in a couple years.” Her middle child who has it more severely recently contracted a staph infection so they had to use his prescribed antibiotics and steroids to help clear it up.

So from all of this, she is sold on the Baby Carrot eczema cream and absolutely loves it. She told me it works on those mild cases of eczema. It seems based on my interpretation then that for more severe cases it does work but there might be times when one has to resort to their prescribed meds/steroids if necessary. A case by case sort of thing.

I just love the fact that there are wholesome, natural and organic products out there that work so you don’t have to use the smelly chemical stuff. I do believe there’s a time and place for OTC and prescribed meds so I don’t want it to seem that I’m against them but if they can be avoided, if you have a choice then I’m all for a holistic approach first. Plus with this cream using something that’s gentle is perfect for already sensitive skin; harsh chemicals on sensitive skin = not good.

As noted on the Wild Carrot website, this cream is also recommended for those who suffer from psoriasis. It’s $12 for a 2 ounce jar but as my friend told me, this will go a long way and she uses if for all three of her kids. Well worth the investment.

Stay tuned! Because tomorrow I’ll have more about Baby Carrot/Wild Carrot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post

The "Glow"