DIY: ACV Toner

Hey hey peeps! Hope you're ready and excited for another DIY, tried and tested by moi. Okay, maybe it's not that exciting.

Today's DIY is using raw, organic apple cider vinegar as a facial toner. Now, I know some of you have used or currently use this method. Most recently, the twins shared their experience and so did flmom. So I thought I'd give it a-go myself.

Let's talk benefits first.

Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is best when raw and unpastuerized in order to retain its full benefits, vitamins, nutrients, and enzymes. To know you've got the real deal, ACV will be brownish in color and have the "mother of vinegar" floating around inside; it's living. Don't be grossed out. This is good for you!

ACV has potassium, iron, pectin (helps with regulating blood pressure and lowering of LDL, bad cholesterol), magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, beta-carotene, and on and on...

It's also been known to help those with type-2 diabetes, regulate your body's pH levels, constipation, diarrhea, headaches, obesity, hair loss, etc. I've even heard it helps to relieve sore throats. And, it's anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. (source and source)

But, ACV also has many topical uses and benefits. It's a natural antiseptic, reduces the appearance of cellulite (??), smoothes skin and gives a youthful appearance, rids nail fungus, and clears acne. (source)

And don't forget, you can make dressings and marinades with it, too. I use a dash or two when making "cheesy sauce" for vegan mac n'cheese for bambino.

So you can see that apple cider vinegar kicks ass!

Now, onto the DIY:


Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
1 part ACV (I use Bragg's)
4 parts spring or purified water

After washing your face, use a cotton ball or pad and gently sweep over face.

I've seen various "recipes" out there for homemade toner. I've seen 1:1, 1:3, 1:4 and some are hardcore and use ACV straightup. I diluted mine but you can experiment with what works for you.

The vinegary smell might turn some off so diluting it will help. I'm not that put off by it so I left my face to airdry a bit and sometimes follow up with moisturizer.

My skin is smoother and softer, believe it or not. I started to get a blemish one day so I dabbed some ACV on it, full strength, and by next morning it had nearly cleared up.

So there's my take on apple cider vinegar as a toner. Worth a shot and again, a far cheaper DIY than store-bought plus extremely beneficial.

Hope you try it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post