Saturday

flickr - Fortnight@F8

Once again the weather here is frightful. I swear we’re having winter in the spring. Thankfully, it wasn’t raining but it was downright fuh-reezing! We stopped at the garden to drop off spent coffee grounds and believe it or not, there were quite a few [hard core] gardeners out there. I was impressed. YS2 didn’t seem to mind the chill but this mama did! I’m a wimp though - I don't like being cold.

I did start out the day enjoying this smoothie. Maybe that wasn’t a good idea on such a cold day but in my defense, I didn’t realize it was so cold until we left the house. Sorry no pic. Imagine a brown (chocolate) shake or see Sarah’s pics. They look better than I could’ve captured.

So check this out. YS2 loves wakame! Is that amazing or what? Papa-YS picked up some dried wakame and little YS2, who’s always up for trying new things, loved it. Wow! I said he’s got a more advanced palate than me.

Awhile ago, over the Holidays to be more precise, I won a jar of Nacho Mom’s vegan queso cheese sauce from Lindsay at Cook. Vegan. Lover. I entered the contest because I was so curious! How could a vegan cheese that’s only 160 calories per ENTIRE JAR be close to edible?! Well, it was darn tasty I tell you. When I ran out (which didn’t take long) I was sad. Imagine my surprise the other day when I spotted it at my local market! Now to remember which variety I tried. Hmm…I picked up the fire-roasted one. I quickly realized it was the Ultimate Vegan Queso I had tried and loved so much. The fire-roasted one is just okay. We’re eating it but I don’t plan on buying that one again; next time I’ll pick up the ultimate. That’s the one for me. Yum!

Enjoy the last bit of the weekend – it’s going by fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post