Once, Twice, Three Times a Meal

Recently, we made more pizza crusts. Actually, too many! I think because I made them a little thinner it yielded more crusts than we needed. Oh well. That’s when you find new ways to use up the leftovers. And that’s what we did…

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Mexican food (maybe I should’ve mentioned that in my
five facts). So with the leftover crust (they were all individual size) I thought why not Mexican pizza? I’m sure it’s been done before but I hadn’t seen or heard of any raw version so I winged it.

I made the spicy “beans” recipe found in the
Raw Food Real World (un)cookbook. Hubby thought of the “beans” more as “meat.” So whatever you’re craving, meat or beans or possibly both, this recipe fits the bill. I did change things a little from the original recipe based on preferences and items we had on hand and I also skipped the dehydrating step.

Also leftover was some
cheese mixture inspired from The Daily Raw, Terilynn. I use that mixture for everything, from a veggie dip to my pizzas!

Once those two layers were spread on the crusts, we topped it with fresh romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, green onion, and
Ani’s cashew sour kream. Oh, and then we added some hot sauce and jalapenos (high raw?).

Oops! I forgot to include the cheese in this photo opp.

The end result: D-LISH! The only thing missing was guacamole but the avos weren’t quite ripe.

Having these Mexican pizzas helped us eat the last of the crusts but now we had leftover “beans” and other toppings. What this means is taco salad! Sorry, we forgot to take pictures.

I had made some raw corn chips to crumble into the salad but all the other fixin’s were the same as the pizza. Romaine, beanz, cheeze, sour kream, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, hot sauce and this time GUACAMOLE (see previous post for a pic of this little lovely)! For a dressing, we added a tomato based one. Raw, of course. In the past, we would use Catalina dressing on our conventional taco salads. Still love that stuff but when you think about all the HFS (high fructose syrup) in it, it just wasn’t in the plan for our raw taco salad, instead I modified a tomato dressing by adding in agave to sweeten it up a bit like Catalina.

So we went from Italian pizza to Mexican pizza to taco salad. Some people might find that to be too much, too similar, too soon but not for this gal! I loved it all. I will say the next time I do pizza I’m going straight for the Mexican version. It was the best one ever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These look soooo delicious! I've been craving Mexican pizza! What a delight!
PS - Thanks for visiting my blog Rosie! :)
Michelle said…
These pizzas look absolutely amazing! So much color and texture! Thanks for including some of the recipes you used! Love the sharing here on the raw blogs!!!
Michelle
HiHoRosie said…
Thanks Rawleen and Michelle. I really couldn't believe how yummy these pizzas were.
RisibleGirl said…
Seeing as we were raised in the same household- I *totally* get what you're saying (only the non-raw version- not that I don't support your totally RAW version!)

I love Mexican and Italian food any way I can get it.
Isle Dance said…
Oh yum and yum and yum!!! Makes me realize raw pizza is worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing!! :o)
Anonymous said…
Hey Rosie,
Thanks for sharing, those dishes really look delicious. *drool* You're killing me tho, because I'm fasting right now.. :-(. But, I'll defiantly keep these on the back burner for later.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post

The "Glow"