>> Thursday, March 17, 2011
For Japan relief, click here.
Hey, I’ve seen spring people! Yes, I have - I saw it over by Trader Joe’s. There were pink blossoms, lots of them, on the trees. It was a lovely and welcome sight. I still haven't seen much sun though. Anyway, I have the feeling I’m not alone in saying buh-bye winter, hello spring!
You may have noticed some blog awards being passed around lately. I was bestowed a couple myself I’d like to share with you, plus a fun meme.
First up, I received the One Lovely Blog award from Elizabeth at RAW Living and Learning. Muchos gracias! I was familiar with Elizabeth on my blog rounds but only recently learned of her blog (I’m apparently behind!). Now in addition to her lovely comments, I get to enjoy her blog, too.
For the One Lovely Blog award:
1. Thank and link the blogger who has given you the award.
2. Copy and paste the Logo in your blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other Great Bloggers.
5. Comment and let them know of the award.
The next award I received, the Stylish Blogger award, is from the ever so lovely Terilynn of The Daily Raw Café. She’s pretty stylin’ herself. Her blog has been one of my faves since I first ventured into raw living a few years ago. Her dishes and creativity have always amazed and inspired me. So I’m honored she thought of me for this award.
For the Stylish Blogger award:
1. Make a post that links back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Nominate ten more bloggers to receive the award and list them in your post along with links to their blogs.
3. Tell them they’ve received the award by posting a comment on their blog.
- Elena - Vega-licious - she just moved and updated her blog and it looks great! She’s also a professional photographer so her pics are full of color and vibrancy. What can I say? She’s stylin’ for sure.
- Antony in London - He’s definitely someone I’d love to hang out with. He’s an intelligent and witty guy who loves good food, good films and good books.
- Kelli - Animal Friendly Eating - She’s creative in whatever she does whether in the kitchen or with crafts. I enjoy going to her blog often for inspiration or a smile.
- Rawdorable - This girlie’s got it going on in the kitchen! You’ve seen her raw vegan cupcakes haven’t you? I’ve been following her blog for a few years now and enjoy seeing how she “rawifies” things.
- Lauren - Ginger is the New Pink - She’s Italian, she’s funny, and she loves Sunshine burgers and Bubbies pickles. A girl after my own heart (although, I’m not Italian but love Italian food if that counts). And her little family is so darling esp with Baby A added to the mix.
- Rawkin Mom - Her blog is new to me but love the recipes she shares and involving her kiddies in the process. And she has an affinity for kale chips like me! She is rawkin’.
- Elizabeth - RAW Living and Learning - Sweet Elizabeth, always leaving kind and supportive words wherever she goes and her blog is no exception. Definitely worth a visit.
- Rawleen - Another source of inspiration for me. She makes everything look so simple and beautiful. I’m amazed how she manages to keep herself put together while running a full household (her girls are beautiful!). Okay, she might be modest and disagree but seriously she amazes me.
1. Kisses and loves from my two boys – Yardsnacker and Yardsnacker Jr.
2. Water – okay, I don’t drink nearly enough but still it’s essential for me.
3. A book – I commute by bus most days and need something to do!
4. Something spicy - a jalapeno, some hot sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne on something and I'm good to go.
5. Avocado – now that they’re in season, oh yeah, time to load up! Guacamole anyone?
I’m leaving this one open, too, for all to do if you’d like.
All these awards make me think about my own I live to give out, that it's time to pass it along to someone new. Next time.
Hope you enjoyed!