UGH! Warning: Vulgar Words

I really wonder about some people, particularly lawmakers who think they know all.

Warning: I swear below and it's not pretty. If you'd rather not read my commentary check out this video instead.




A lawmaker in Georgia is proposing the death penalty for women who miscarry. ????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?! You've got to be f*cking kidding me! Is he for real? Yup, he is. And this isn't the first time this has been proposed. The state of Utah tried to pass a similar law but it failed. Good thing. Could you imagine? I can't even begin to tell you how pissed off this makes me that someone would consider death of a woman/mother because her pregnancy isn't viable. Unfortunately, miscarries happen; they're very common. I couldn't even imagine being a woman who's been trying and trying and trying to get pregnant and is then condemned to death for it. And what if she's married to/involved with someone who abuses her and she loses the baby? Is it her fault then? For this GA creep, probably. What if she slips and falls? Death. What if she's ill or in another way isn't able to stay pregnant? Death penalty. What if this GA lawmaker has a grown daughter who miscarries? According to him, she should die too. How this asshole got elected into office is a head-scratcher. How his mind works is another.

Okay, so the swearing wasn't that bad and I normally don't swear on my blog and keep rants to a minimum but this was one case that called for it. This sort of proposal to even be imagined let alone considered as law is outrageous and seems as though it's coming from another oppressed country and not the US. Are we going backwards? What is going on? I hope it's this proposal that dies not mommies. What a jerk.

Now, I'm off to read something happy. This was too much. I'll need to post something happy very soon to cleanse the palate so to speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post