Roll Call: Here!

I’m here! I’m alive! Life has taken precedence so to say I’m behind on blogging is an understatement. So many ideas swirling in my head, too.

What I didn’t mention in my past post was that I was in the middle of a “vacation.” I took two and half weeks off work so family time was at an all-time high plus, as you regular readers know, I was still recovering from my illness then there were the holidays, which were beyond happy. Crazy and mad fun. Then vacation was over and it took some time to get back into a groove and into routine. Obviously, some areas will take awhile to recover. :)

***
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

***

Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Maybe some of you are fortunate to have the day off (not me). I was thinking that even though I don’t have the day off I’d still think about Dr. King and the many powerful words he has spoken. Some are so powerful they bring tears to my eyes. Those words still ring true and are applicable today in many ways. I’ll share a few here and there if you don't mind.

***
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

***

source

I’m still working on my dream board – like I said, I’m a little behind (due to the aforementioned reasons). When I’m finished I’ll decide how much of it I want to share, if any. Some of it is very personal but I know some people have been curious what mine looks like. We’ll see. ;) It did make me happy that some of you thought a vision board was a good idea too and even went on to make one for yourselves.

I think it’s important to remember you don’t have to wait until New Year’s to focus on whatever it is you want (defined as goals, resolutions, intentions, dreams, wishes, visions, your focus, or whatever you want to call it). Writing down goals or making dream boards can be started when you’re ready to make things happen in your life whether it’s now or New Year's. I’ve never liked the whole New Year’s resolutions thing although, I did seem to take advantage of it this year. I think because I was just so done with 2010. Again, it wasn’t a rotten year but there were some unpleasant things I wished to put behind me (easier said than done though). I love starting anew.

***
Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

***

source

One thing that’s been helping me this week was a helpful reminder from Kristen’s Raw’s recent newsletter. I’m wanting to eat more raw so she suggested in her timely e-letter to dedicate some time once a week to peruse through cookbooks (un-cookbooks in my case) and jot down recipes you want to follow and then make your shopping list. Also, she suggested posting a calendar with your menu so you know what you’re having and when but also to add to the calendar things you might need to do in advance of that upcoming meal (i.e. soaking nuts or dehydrating something). Simple but awesome idea.

I also need to work on prepping in advance to make mealtime easier and quicker. Bitt recently posted a helpful post on raw food subsitutions, which could prove to be helpful in a pinch at times too.

***
Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The time is always right to do what is right.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

***

Before I sign off, I just wanted to say thanks to those who say nice things to me. I have my insecurities that I need to deal with but I appreciate those random, unsolicited comments and emails that tell me just what I need to hear to keep going. You know who you are (if you're asking yourself if it's you I'm talking about then it is). I appreciate you.

***
The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

***
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post