Twenty-Eleven

Happy New Year, Everyone! Let’s make it a good one!

Looking back at 2010, it started out very rough for me. Many times I’ve been tempted to lash out here on my blog about it but have refrained out of respect for others but also because my blog isn’t the place for such negativity. Plus, even though I’m justified in my feelings and thoughts, I’d only sound desperate and vindictive. Not what I want in my life. Actually, that is one of the things I carry over into the new year: positivity. I want to learn from the past but not live in it. I don’t typically but it’s easy to get discouraged when feeling overwhelmed. So I take a deep breath and move forward.

It is fun looking back at other great things that happened over the year; things I’ve learned; things I’ve experienced. I learned to be more open and try new things, both in life and with food. With food, I learned that fresh blueberries are okay and mushrooms may not be all bad. :) In life, I learned that I’m stronger than I realized but also more vulnerable than I realized.

Also, YS2 turned ONE! That boy of mine is the most amazing creature I’ve ever met in my life. We call him our little Cherub. Watching him grow, change, discover, and learn over the year has been incredible! I know he’s learning from me but there’s so much I can learn and am learning from him. With him and hubby in my life I am truly blessed.


To start Twenty-Eleven on a positive note and to make it a great year, I picked up a small spiral notebook to keep with me at all times. So many times I’ve been somewhere looking at something, daydreaming, or whatever and have wanted to jot something down but didn’t have anything. This will cure that. But the big thing I’m going to be doing this weekend is creating a vision board.


Ah yes…the vision board.

I’ve seen it work. Hubs put this in action a few times and then BAM! Those very things were realized. Wow. It was just like that, too. I consider myself a visual person so having a vision board only makes sense. Positive, constant reminders of the direction I’m heading. Which reminds me, I should watch The Secret again for more inspiration.
                   
Anyway, I have a lot of goals/achievements/good intentions planned for this year. I feel positive that this year will be full of change, growth, learning, and experiences. I feel stronger already - that I can take charge of the direction I choose to go and I’m ready.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post