Trees and Things

While driving around my neighborhood after running a few errands I noticed along one road some potential new growth. Growth in the meaning of a new house or two soon to be built. What made me sad were all the beautiful trees freshly cut down and piled on top of each pushed to the side. So sad. I understand growth and expansion; I mean I hope to one day own my own home but it’s bittersweet to see these tall beautiful trees just mowed down for a house or two that will have little land space. Sigh…

I wasn’t sad for long though as I saw a tweet the next day from Moms Wear Your Tees about a plant-a-tree-in-state-parks program by Odwalla (she also about it here too). Synchronicity? Anyway, it’s free, just pick a state and post through fb or your email address and you’re done. If you’re not in the US, I don’t see why you couldn’t plant a tree as well so I say click on WASHINGTON to plant a tree for us! Yeah, some will say we have plenty of trees here but nah, lots of trees are good. And planting more to replace the ones downed is always a good thing. Scarlet of MWYT also has a button on her blog for Care2. It’s another free click to help save rainforests paid for by their sponsors. So click both if you can.

Back to my errand trip, I was stopped in a parking lot and had some ideas to jot down on paper. Whoa…paper, what is that? Lol. Anyway, I grabbed a red pen lying on the dashboard, pulled off the lid and went to write when I noticed bright red globs of ink all over my hands! Ugh! I just sat there and stared at my hands afraid to move let alone touch anything. Nice. Well, at least it’s red for dramatic effect. So much for that. The pic below doesn't seem to really show how awful my hand looked but oh well.


I got my Living Nutz prize in the mail yesterday – another win from The Daily Raw Café. In it was Tahitian Vanilla Bean Coconut Crème Walnutz, Bodacious Banana Bread Walnutz, Celestial Cina-Pecan, Galactic Onion-Garlic Pistachios, Absolute Chi Teriyaki Almonds, I Love Vegan Cheezy Almonds, and a bonus: Rawzins. I sampled them all except the Rawzins. Those mysteriously disappeared before I tried them. Hmpf! Let’s just say the review on those is they were super nummylicious! Lol! My fave of the nuts I’d have to say are the Bodacious Banana Bread Walnutz. A fave of both of us I think. I love them all really. The Tahitian ones are so good – I love that they’re a little sticky and then the teriyaki almonds are a perfect sweet/savory snack. I’ll pick up more of these when I see them. Mmm mmm good.

To continue the theme of giveaways…no doubt many of you heard me “shouting” in blogland about my latest win: Ani’s Raw Food Essentials by Ani Phyo from the Happy Raw Kitchen. Thanks Nelly for yelling congrats to me right away on twitter (it’s how I learned of my win). Seriously, I am really excited about Ani’s new book and consider it a major score. Thanks Evergreen!!!

Now, if only I had this sort of luck while playing lotto....oh yeah, gotta buy a ticket first. Oh dear.

Four days left to enter the Best Organic Wheatgrass powder giveaway. Open to anyone on Earth.

I had something else to chat about but this post is lengthy enough so I'll save it for another day. It's something another blogger posed as a question on their blog so it got me thinking...hmmm...ouch (that's my brain thinking - lol).

Okay, enough. Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post