Juice Contest Winner

Happy Monday, friends! Hope you had a good weekend -- we did. Went by way too fast though (typical). I'm sad summer is going but I am looking forward to fall and this weekend was very fall. Cloudy, rainy (at night), still a little warm but breezy. Cozy. Which got us in a movie mood. Have you seen (or read) "Water for Elephants?" I haven't read the book but heard it's good. Now that I've seen the movie, I won't be reading the book but then again, I wasn't planning on it anyway. I won't review the movie here because I don't want to give anything away (I'm horrible with stuff like that) but will say I heart Rosie.

When it comes to books though, I like to read them before seeing the movie (does anyone ever see the movie first then read the book?). Depending on the subject matter or some situations, I sometimes will pass on the movie because reading the details was enough that having it played out before my eyes might be more than I can handle. Like the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" will be one I won't see. Reading was enough thank you.

Anyway, enough about that. Today's post is about the Juice Contest I was co-judge for with Elena of Vegalicious. Sorry it took longer than expected but we made the Top 3 juices and tasted each one and now have the results of the contest. The winner will receive all three of Elena's e-books ($25 value -- participants will receive a 50% discount code to use towards any purchase in her e-book store).

     1.  Guilt Free Vegan Desserts
     2.  3-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
     3.  One Week Raw Food Detox

First, the Top 3 vote-getters (based on readers' votes) -- in numerical order:

(2) Nikki - Everything's Peachy
(3) Kristina - Green Grapefruit Juice
(5) Karriann - Watermelon Summer Blast

We made each of their spectacular juices -- amazing! Now, the hard part: deciding the winner.

The winning juice was a wonderful balance of flavors and beautiful color.

The winner is...

NIKKI

Congrats Nikki! It truly was a wonderful and beautiful juice - we all loved it!

Everything's Peachy by Nikki
2 yellow peaches
3 golden beets
1 lime
2 fuji apples
1 orange
1 inch nub of ginger

Btw, photo credit goes to Nikki. The photo above is the one she submitted to the contest. I took a pic too but it pales in comparison.

Thanks Elena for hosting and sponsoring this contest and inviting me to be a part of it.

I loved this contest because I love all the creativity of each one, the flavor combos, and now, more recipes to try and add to my collection (with credit to the originator of course). Thanks to the participants and those who voted. We'll have to do this again sometime.

Sun's out today so gotta enjoy it while I can. Enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post