Food Matters

Food matters dontcha think? I think so. Actually, at one time I didn't think it used to much but as the weight piled on my frame and I was becoming less active something had to change. Yardsnacker inspired and motivated me to get off my duff and start eating healthy. We'd always talked about doing it but it was finally put into action about two years ago. I've learned a lot since then, much from many of you, about how food truly affects us in all aspects.

Recently, I watched a movie called "
Food Matters." Many of you may have seen it already or at least the trailer.



If you haven't seen it I *highly* recommend doing so. I'm sure there are plenty of skeptics and naysayers but still I recommend watching this movie. At least, to start your own journey or to help in figuring out what is best for you.

There's so much good content and information watching this that I'm glad I have my own copy to watch when I need a reminder or two. :) I have to say that my favorite contributor to this documentary is
Andrew Saul. I like his humor (<3 JP)

This isn't so much a "hey, eat raw foods only," it's a hey, we live in a society or in a time where just about everything is processed! So much has been stripped of its life and is trucked around for hundreds, even thousands of miles to get to you. Okay, there are some things that that's just the way it is...such as my beloved Thai young coocoonuts or even avocadoes (sorry Chile, your avos are gross!). The point is, there isn't enough healthy eating. People are getting sick, obese, sedentary, depressed, etc. Most doctors (not all) aren't really educated on nutrition so it's completely foreign for them to recommend changes to the diet to improve health without first prescribing a pill of some sort. I'm not saying one should never take medications but for a lot of ailments it doesn't have to be the first and/or only option.

Like I said, the movie is worth a watch then you can come to your own conclusion or do further research. The "
Food Matters" dvd can be found at
Amazon.com or at Netflix or of course, directly from their website.

If you've seen the dvd or get a chance to, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post