Another Baby Update

Sorry for the absence dear friends and thank you for your concern as well. I'm truly fine. I don't have much of an excuse for not posting or visiting many of your blogs other than taking it easy. I had full intentions of catching up on all my blog reading over the Thanksgiving weekend but obviously that didn't happen. I've been working a little more these days trying to get all of my work done so I can take lots o'vacation through the holidays but it's challenging at times. My downtime consists of just chillin and not much action. I know I've said I'll be by your blogs and I mean it; I'm just slow these days.

On to the update:

My belly is G-R-O-W-I-N-G! It's all good though. I've only gain like 7-8 pounds over these four+ months but I feel at times like I've gained 20! Depending on what I wear can you tell I'm pregnant - just beginning to show really. I did have to invest in a belly band and some maternity clothes because regular pants were becoming uncomfortable. People who know I'm pregnant can see the changes, strangers or acquaintances might just think I'm a little chubby. ha ha!


This morning I noticed something with my hands: veins. They were HUGE! You know with the increased blood volume coursing through my veins no wonder they were bulging. It was was fascinating and gross at the same time. Now they seem pretty normal. Phew!

At my last ob appointment, the assistant was in charge of finding baby's heartbeat. Kudos to her for finding it (snap!) just like that. She noted while listening to the loud beats that we have "a strong baby." I love that! What I love more though is hearing the heartbeat. Since I can't see or feel a baby just yet hearing those heartbeats mean the world to me.

Speaking of feeling baby, I should be feeling those karate kicks soon! Also, we hope to learn the gender of little bebe sometime this month. I'll adjust the poll I've got going when the appt is set. You'll all be the 2nd to know...er, 3rd or whatever. :)



So in the end, me and baby are strong and well. Yay! With special thanks to my hubby I think we're doing everything right so far. I can't complain much - I mean no morning sickness, no major discomforts, etc. Sure, I get tired, sometimes cranky, sometimes an occasional backache - oh and congestion! I got a stuffy nose but I guess that comes with the territory. What's funny with that is when hubby and I went to the garden a couple weeks ago to put it to sleep for the winter (a future yet belated post), I started getting the sniffles - I mean as soon as we got there, sniff sniff. I thought it was some sort of allergy to the garden (i.e. mold). By the next day it seemed I had some sort of horrible head cold but all in my nose. I blew my nose so much the skin got chapped. Beautiful. Turns out I had swollen mucous membranes. Mmm... Anyway, I still get stuffy on occasion but it's not severe like the first time so that's good. But really, aside from that this has been a really good pregnancy and I'm very appreciative. To the mothers who've had hellacious pregnancies I applaud you for perserving and toughing it out - just don't hate me.

Comments

Leora said…
You sound like you are doing well! Concentrating on mom and baby is where you should be at. I liked being pregnant. Enjoy!
Lauren said…
I am so happy to hear you are doing well! Such an exciting time for you! Big hugs!
That is wonderful you are feeling great.
Yes I remember hearing the heartbeat, especially the last one. I came to the doctor's office because I had the stomach flu. I was 5 months along, new to the area, and had not yet found an OB or family doctor. I felt so miserable with the stomach flu that I was crying, and the nurses brought in the heart monitor, jellied up my belly and all of a sudden I heard that magical "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh". At that moment, I forgot about the cramping associated with the flu and began to cry over hearing my baby's heartbeat. It changed the perspective. It is so amazing, isn't it?
I've had 6, and nothing is like being pregnant. I loved it.
~a
Amanda said…
That is so exciting that everything is going so well for you! You are going to make such a wonderful mother.
Carol said…
Very happy to hear all is going well HiHo!! Sounds like you are taking cues from your body and doing what you can. That's great!! Baby and mom come first for sure. We miss you but completely understand!! Can't wait to find out the sex and .... twins???? LOL
RisibleGirl said…
I'm glad you're having an easy pregnancy. I did too, with both boys, which made it really hard to decide not to have another baby.

You have just as much (or more!) excuse than anyone else to not post or visit other blogs whenever you're not up for it. Blogging is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

My lecture (as your sister), is to only do things that are fun and good for you. Especially while you're pregnant.

Love,
me
Many well wishes on a healthy and happy pregnancy! My suggestion is to check out Hypbirth or HypnoBirth - it really helps esp if you are anxious about the birth process! =)

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post