Getting Back in the Groove

Hellooo! I feel like I’ve been away for so long, too long. I’ve popped in here and there but it’s been awhile since I sat down and gave my blog (and you) a little more attention. I was so busy that I completely forgot about my blog anniversary, which was in February. Funny. Oh well. Woo hoo. I do feel a little out of touch and definitely a lot behind. I always feel guilty posting on my blog before I’ve caught up on everyone else’s. Like I'm being selfish but here I am.

I find that when I do have breaks, usually in the late evening, blogging isn’t at the top of my list. I’m more likely to do something a little more mindless such as Pinterest (and pin like a mad woman!) or watching Survivor. I’m in my downtime period now so hopefully I’ll be a little more present, here and there.

Being busy then follow that up with laziness, I still haven’t done my raw foods shopping. Grr. How many times have I mentioned this?? So instead I made some semi-raw/rawish "no-bake energy bites" (found on Pinterest, thank you very much) with ingredients I already had. Delicious! It’s like cookie dough. The original recipe uses honey and advises against using agave because it’s thinner/less sticky than honey. Well, I didn’t have any honey but did have agave. So guess what I did? I used agave and added more peanut butter. In total, I’d say about a ½ cup of peanut butter. I didn't toast the coconut but all other ingredients/measurements were unchanged. Turned out great! Takes like 2 minutes to whip up so if you’re not (very) raw, this is an easy recipe to make and adapt to suit your tastes. It can also be made more raw, too. For me that will have to be for next time…and use cacao nibs. Mmm!


as usual, I used my cellphone...go to the actual blog and you'll see how tasty they really look

Many of my lunches, and sometimes dinner, have been a salad between pieces of bread. You know a veggie sandwich. It’s a mostly raw meal except for the bread and condiments. Pretty basic and easy but that's what I like sometimes. I love mine with groundstone mustard, Veganaise, Bubbies horseradish, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, sweet red pepper, Bubbies bread and butter pickles, and olives. Oh, and a drizzle of balsamic dressing and a dash or two or three of black pepper. Mmm! So good.


A bit of randomness:


Love this pretty kitty at the kitty shelter. We're not ready for a pet yet but she's a total love and hard to resist.

Because this past weekend was the first weekend I didn’t have to think about work in awhile, it was interesting because at first my mind hadn’t really caught up yet. I kept thinking I’ve got work to do but then had to remind myself that nope, it’s chill time! So I got crafty. Yes, crafty. I haven’t done much in way of crafts for a while so I was really excited about it. It turned out to be a great way to relax.

YS2 and I also went for walks...spring is showing up more and more. I love it!



Going back to crafts, would it be weird to do a giveaway for you guys that was something I made? Nothing fancy but I have something cute in mind and thought it might be fun to share.

Well, I’m done writing for today. Thanks readin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post