Ups and Downs

Heyho! How is everyone? I’m trying to get caught up with all the posts I have planned so bear with me if several come at you at once. Not on the same day mind you (the exception being on Thoughtful Thursdays – there might be some overlap) however, over the next week or two. Some are “past their prime” but still want to share.

Moving on to the title of this post: Ups and Downs.
[source]

Anyway, recently I was asked about a little thing I so excitedly talked about awhile back. Remember the Climb for Air I was planning on signing up for to get me back into exercising regularly? I wanted to do this as an incentive to get moving (besides it being a great cause).

Well...

I failed. I dropped the ball. I sat on my butt.

[source]
Oops.

This apparently wasn't my start. It'd be so easy to berate myself right here right now but instead I will find a new start. I can begin again.

[source]

[source]

So while I might have failed to get moving in time to commit to this worthy cause, I can still commit to getting fit. And if it takes me several tries to get in the habit then so be it.

[source]

[source]

I will say that I have been a little more active in going for walks with YS2. He loves to be active (well, he is two) and he loves to be outside. We’ve got some great trails nearby we can venture down. With the weather changing though, this will be my challenge because it gets dark earlier and I just want to be cozy. It's easy to rationalize or talk yourself out of something. But honestly, I have no excuse for my failure to train in time for this month’s event.

[source]

Some might say I could still participate in time for the big climb that takes place in 2.5 weeks but let’s be realistic. Climbing stairs can be intense and I don’t want to put my body into shock!

[source]

So here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to start over. TODAY. I have some exercises I can do at home or at the gym (if the weather is fairly decent, hiking/walking outside is the plan). My goal is to do something active every. single. day.

[source]

I know it’ll be tough at first when I just want to be lazy or find other things to do but have to remember slow and steady and that I can find the time. Just 20 minutes a day even.

[source]

I’m hoping that owning up to my falling-short-of-my-goal publicly will get me motivated to improve and make good on my new goal(s) but I have to remind myself to be nice to me when things get bumpy or I reach a stumbling block.

[source]

As always, I appreciate your support especially as I admit to my shortcomings. There will be future events for me to participate in but for now, it will be a daily event to get where I ultimately want to be.


[source]

I'll let you know how things go next week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post