Get with the Program US!

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am a firm believer/supporter that the United States should guarantee paid family leave (newborn, adoptions, ill family member, etc). I mean come on already! Can you believe we are listed as one of the worst countries when it comes to supporting working parents?! In fact we rank among Liberia, Swaziland, and Papua New Guinea that have zero paid maternity leave. When I was pregnant I kept hearing about how this country or that country had great policies in place for pregnant women and/or families (some up to a year or more! Although, not certain that whole time was paid). Sure, we are "granted" 12 weeks but it's unpaid. I had to use my vacation for my time off - and depending on your employer's personal time policy may not be as much as you'd like. Sheesh. Having a newborn isn't a vacation but it is fun! :) Anyway, here's an article I'd like to pass along that shares this same view. What do you think?

blog comments powered by Disqus Powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP