More on Susan Boyle

If you've seen the video I posted yesterday or seen it posted elsewhere because it seems to be posted E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. from facebook to twitter to major news sites then you know who Susan Boyle is and the sensation she has become. I love her. I do. I hope all her dreams come true! But anyway, I was reading an article on her today that shared a little bit more on her.

From that article:

Boyle, a volunteer church worker, still has a long way to go on the show, but she’s become an overnight media darling in Great Britain. Since her debut, viewers and readers have learned that she’s from the little village of Blackburn in western Scotland, where local kids sometimes called her names and laughed at her because of her appearance and the fact that she lives alone with a cat.

A local newspaper reported that Boyle is the youngest of nine children and attended Edinburgh Acting School nearly 20 years ago, but left to care for her ailing mother, who died two years ago.

Friesen reported that after her stunning debut, Boyle said, “It’s really surreal. Basically I wanted to fulfill a wish to my mother. I wanted to do something with my life. Not only that, I feel I have a bit more to offer.”

And if it's true what the article says, we'll be hearing a lot more from her soon by way of TV and music - not just on a talent show either. :)
Oh yeah, I love that she put her contestant sticker on her chest instead of her dress. Probably didn't want to ruin it but that must've hurt peeling it off later! Yeouch!

Comments

bitt said…
thanks for posting this! i hadn't heard of her yet so i appreciate it. i got chills too and i'm not pregnant. :-)
Carol said…
One special lady.
Lauren said…
Saw this on the news today, and I am in love with this lady!! She is great!! And so sweet!
Donia said…
We are all happy for Susan over here. And i can't help but appreciate your sweetness too! Your little one is really lucky to have you as his/her momma!
Einstein said…
I hope she finds love, gets a makeover and has a fabulous rest of her life.

Oh, by the way- you wanted to know what the "P" stands for in my name, Einstein P. Williams.

It stands for Pez. As in Pez Dispenser. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

xo
Michelle said…
Wonderful, she is going to go far with her great attitude.

So naive but beautiful in her own special way!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post