Happy Earth Day

Today, April 22nd is EARTH DAY!

I'm not the most green person but I'm trying!

What are you doing to help Earth be a better place?
For us, we are starting to compost. My hubby, Yardsnacker, is gardening away this season without my help :( and has created his own composting bin. It begins at home of course. Saving our organic scraps then adding them to the pile at the garden, which he turns over frequently. It's looking great I must say! And all those wormies are happy! It's full of life actually and not just with the worms.


I ran across an article exposing not-so-green products currently on store shelves; products that claim to be green and earth-conscious but have been found to be the opposite. Of course, there's more out there than what's been addressed in this article. One of the culprits in this article though is Sephora. For those of us who wear makeup (I admit I LOVE makeup - love all things girlie in that sense) there's a website that that's very handy in checking the safety of personal products. It's the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep cosmetic safety database. Not exactly a catchy name but helpful nonetheless. I have the link posted in my sidebar as well. It's at this website you can check any number of products you use or are thinking of using, from makeup to shampoo to toothpaste, to see how safe they are.

Earth Day may be on April 22nd but we can always strive to do our part 365 days a year. You know, like recycling. :)

Enjoy your day, enjoy our planet.

Comments

Carol said…
Happy Earth day to you too HiHo!
Michelle said…
Happy Earth Day to you to Missy!!!
Colleen Miller said…
Hey I love makeup too. Check out:
www.aromaleigh.com
I've turned all my friends onto them. They DO Have products that are non-natural, but their Voille face powder is divine, so you just have to read their ingredients to make sure. I've tried so many mineral makeups but keep coming back to theirs, I believe it is the best. The products they do make that are natural are excellent, but you have to read all the ingredients like I said to check b/c some are not. Happy makeup-ing! :-)
RisibleGirl said…
BJ is making up for yours and Sam's greenness (that's totally not a word, but my spellcheck said it was.), but I'm trying to educate him and now he's 'mostly' recycling.

Babysteps......

Wow- only 15 days, Sis! Tick... tock...
Unknown said…
I nominated you for an award on my blog, come check it out!
bitt said…
Happy Earth Day, a little late. I won't fall for any of those tricks, thanks for warning me. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post