Honored

First off, happy anniversary to ME! My lil ol' blog has passed the one year mark. Well, it was last week on the 26th (oopsie!) but that's alright.

It's been an interesting year. I began blogging with some apprehension because writing isn't typically how I express myself, although, I used to faithfully keep a journal (hand cramps!) as a teenager. With some inspiration and encouragement from my husband and sister I decided to venture into the blogging world. Or is it venturing into the dark side? ha ha! Hmmm...

A lot of growth over the year. I've learned more about health, food and myself. I mean, hubby and I started gardening and I admit I actually enjoy it. My health improved, I lost weight and gained many friends. Oh, and I got pregnant too! Talk about growth....and so much for the weight I lost previously. Ha ha! At least, now I know what to do to get healthy and stay healthy whereas before, I just talked about how I wanted to get healthy but didn't know how or where to start. I feel more confident and have more purpose and direction.

And of course, there's the many of you I've come to know. Some of you I've had the pleasure of meeting in person. Always a treat! I do appreciate every.single.one.of.you. You're loyal, supportive, encouraging, inspiring, motivating and funny. Well, there's many more adjectives I could add to that but you get the picture. I definitely wouldn't be as into blogging and other online networks if it wasn't for all of you.
So now onto the second thing. The title of my post, the part where I feel especially honored. My lil ol' blog was recently named to the Top 50 Raw Food and Lifestyle Blogs list. When I was notified, I was like "WHAT?! Me?!" Whoa! Seriously, a big wow. Plus I share this honor with so many of you great bloggers. I mean, Isle Dance, Raw Royalty, Debbie Does Raw, Kristen's Raw, Rawdorable just to name a few. What?! I'm humbled because this list includes so many people who (or is it whom?) I look up to. And again, this goes back to the beginning of my blog. In a year's time to be on a list like this never ever would've crossed my mind. Maybe if I had been blogging for oh, I don't know, 10 years maybe. :D So I'm grateful and humbled to be on this list. What will year two bring?

Now, speaking of Raw Royalty, aka Charis, she has bestowed upon me another honor. The Kreativ Blogger Award. For some of you, this may look familiar here on my page as I was bestowed with a KBA earlier, which I blogged about here. But since this is a fun one, I readily accept and attempt a new 7 list. Thanks Charis!


The rules are I share 7 things I love and then spread the love and the award to 7 others.

Here's my list:

1) I love being "kreativ." Usually, my form of creativity comes with making homemade cards. I am still hoping to learn how to knit and/or crochet. One of these days I'll learn.

2) I love shopping. Okay, I haven't been shopping a whole lot (gotta save that dough!) but it is fun to get out and be girlie and buy new things. I always feel good when I have something new to wear.

3) I love spring! It's not my favorite season, summer holds that title, but I love the warming temperatures, witnessing new growth and getting charged with the prospect of more sun and everything and everyone looking more alive.

4) I love gardening. Well, this goes with spring. New growth and just getting outdoors and in the dirt. Something therapeutic about that.

5) I love babies! Forgive me. I have baby on the brain these days. :)

6) I love being happy. Being happy is where it's at.

7) I love having "downtime." Can be traveling, resting, hanging out with friends or family but just that time where you can enjoy and do the things you love.

I pass the award onto EVERYONE but if you want a list (this post is all about lists today), here's who else I share this with:

Angela at Mom's Raw
Carol at Knitted Kitty
Sara at eatin' raw!

Thanks for listening.

Comments

Isle Dance said…
(((Thank you))) So much. I am so touched. I've never seen such a pretty award!!! And lots of love right back to you, HiHo! But mostly, you deserve an award just for being you. You do. Well done. :o)
Carol said…
CONGRATS on your one year anniversary!!!!!!! Did it go fast? My first year went fast. I can't wait until you have tons of baby pics to share. LOL How is that going? I'm so excited for you two.

And thank you for the wonderful award!!!! Right back atcha! I even love the look of it. ;)
chris ward said…
congrats on a whole year of blogging. now i must go back and read from the beginning. like a book.
Michelle said…
WOOHOO congrats on hitting one year blogging!!!

AND i love #6. Happiness is so where its at!!!

Love ya!!!
Anonymous said…
You are so wonderful! Congrats on your year-long affair with the blog!! Are you getting excited about your little one (what a silly question)?
Debbie Young said…
ok, I need another belly shot of you and YS2 to get me motivated to blog.. please???
deb
PS I know it's weird, but I love preggy bellies!
Unknown said…
Congrats on your 1st year, I know how fast it goes, I can't believe how many posts I have already racked up. Thanks for checking out my blog..I left you a little ramble about diving on there! I moved to the Carib with the "never doing that" attitude, but the water just calls you....(and my diver husband's slow encouragement)
It's beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Wow congrats on your 1 year anniversary, and on your pregnancy. I think it's awesome how you learned so much about your body, health, and food. Isn't raw food awesome?

I would love to invite you to participate in the raw food carnival too. It's a great way to get together with other raw blog authors, and it's tons of fun!

http://www.rawfoodswitch.com/raw-food-carnival/

Have a great day, and keep us updated on your life changes. :)
Warmly,
Nathalie
MARYYX said…
Hi there!
I know you enjoyed my juice feasting blog last year - and wanted to let you know I am participating again this year. It is MUCH easier this time around!

If you are interested, it is located at:
back2thejuice.blogspot.com

Welcome to Spring! Isn't it awesome!!
Mary
yardsnacker said…
Hey you need to blog baby!
shannonmarie said…
Congrats. I think many of the bloggers on that list enjoy being in your company, too. You deserve it :-)
Congrats on your anniversary! I'm so proud of you for all your growth in so many ways. And I want to see a new pic of the baby belly too!
XOXO
Unknown said…
It's funny, I found you via that top 50 raw food blog list. I have to say, this is all so fascinating to me. I am just learning about the lifestyle and trying to get into it to transform my life. For me, it takes steps though, and so far I have joined several online communities (like this raw foods site) that give me the support. Your blog gives me inspiration. Thanks!
HiHoRosie said…
Thanks for your comments and visit ECRunner! I agree with taking steps - everyone's different but that is how I was able to transition. Made it so much easier on so many levels. Thanks for the link to that raw community. It's one I wasn't familiar with.

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post