Labor Song

>> Friday, March 20, 2009

So hubby and I are taking a 6-week natural birthing course and can't believe we only have one class left. I highly recommend this type of class to anyone who gets pregnant, even if you plan on a hospital birth. Very helpful to say the least.

Anyway, last week we had to prepare my labor bag. You know the one to take with you when "this is it!" :) One thing we still need to work on to include in that bag are compilation CDs/MP3s. Music I'd like playing in my room to help create the type of environment I'd like to have while in labor and/or after delivery. Our teacher suggested you may want different genres because what you like now you might not like while in labor. I can only imagine! This morning on the way to work, we heard the perfect labor song. LOL! Listen to the lyrics and you'll understand. Besides, this guy is awesome! Makes me wonder where have I been?!



I have to confess, that when I first heard this song I thought it was
Gnarls Barkley singing (cool if it was) but was corrected by the dj that it's James Morrison. Who? After I got to work I looked him up on the internets and thought, well he certainly isn't Gnarls Barkley! He kinda looks like he should be the younger brother of Chris Martin of Coldplay. Then I heard some of James' other songs and decided he really doesn't sound much like Gnarls Barkley except for that song I have pasted above but I am digging his music! If you're like me and wonder who the heck this guy is you probably have heard this song.

Okay, I'm sidetracked...what is this post about?

This really won't be one of my labor songs but I do like the song and it made me chuckle. Don't think I'll want to be rockin out while in labor, however, I might have to compile a humorous CD just for fun. If you have any suggestions of what I should include on one of my playlists feel free to share. Maybe something slightly more mellow and/or appropriate. :)

In the meantime, go listen to James Morrison while I do the same.

blog comments powered by Disqus Powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP