If I had three thumbs...

...I'd give three thumbs up to each of these products below.

Have any of you tried Laughing Giraffe's Vanilla Almond Snakaroons? We found our first package at Whole Foods but our raw vegan store also carries them. Oh boy these are snarfalicious! Yeah, sure you can probably make these yourself for a fraction of the price but I'm not sure they'd be as tasty besides it's fun to buy something a little more decadent. We pick these up from time to time as a special treat for ourselves. I just wish these stores would stock more of them because they go fast! They taste kind of "buttery" not sure that's the best description but these macaroons have a richness to them that's different and better from standard macs. The first time I tried these I nearly fainted. Okay, not really but they're that good.

Now, on to raw chocolate. I've tried different brands - some tasty ones and not-so tasty ones. Today, we were at the Raw Vegan Source (the raw vegan store we frequent here) when they literally received their 1st package of Gnosis Chocolate by Chocolate Girl, aka Vanessa
(many of you may know her on GITMR). Oh I couldn't wait to try these since I've heard so much about them on GITMR and elsewhere. So I can say we were the first of their customers to ever purchase Gnosis Chocolate from their store. My first taste was of the Cool Peppermint. I love mint with my chocolate so this was a must-try and believe me, you will not be disappointed if you like dark chocolate and mint. Not too minty and not too sweet and the chocolate itself was creamy and smooth. Not bitter at all! That is the #1 plus for me when it comes to dark chocolate. We also picked up the Simplicity bar which is your "basic" dark chocolate bar - it's not basic in flavor. Again, just creamy and smooth without any fancy flavors added. If you get a chance to try these DO!

Yummeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

Isle Dance said…
Thank ((you)) for telling us this. Now I'm gonna try it! :o)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the review. Haven't tried Laughing Giraffe's Vanilla Almond Snakaroons, but plan on it. The Vanilla Almond Snakaroons sound awesome. I first heard of the Laughing Giraffe brand on Kristen's Raw blog.

I've definitely heard of Gnosis Chocolate by Vanessa, also haven't tried it, but will soon.
RisibleGirl said…
Macaroons- my most favorite cookie EVER. If your version makes people faint, I'd better stay away from that. I'm really trying to get out of that habit. ;)
Lauren said…
Everyone is talking about those cookies and they are nowhere to be found in NJ!!!!!! To have them shipped to me it's like $20! I've gotta get me some! :)
Chocolate Girl said…
Hi! Thank you so much for blogging about my chocolate ~ and for being the very first Gnosis customers at Raw Vegan Source! :) I am so happy you enjoyed the bars! I also posted a link to your blog on my website :) xoxo Vanessa
badash said…
AHHHHH i cant wait to try those!
yardsnacker said…
Me either! Hey where did they all go!?
bitt said…
i need some of those!
Kristen's Raw said…
I love both of those products myself! I "Sneak my Snakaroons" into the movie theater :) And I'm crazy for mint and chocolate (Gnosis is fab!)

Cheers to you gorgeous!
Kristen
shannonmarie said…
I love Gnosis Chocolate. It's so much better than the other bars on the market. Yum!

Wow, you have a raw vegan store near you. I'm so jealous :-)
I love dark chocolate and mint. I might have to try some ;)
Debbie Young said…
ok, you made me drool.. are ya happy now???
How is your belly? post a pic!
deb

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post