Goodbye GITMR!

You may have heard already that Dhrumil has made the decision to shut down the Give it to Me Raw (GITMR) website/community on June 26th. You can watch his video here explaining his decision.

Even though I have not logged into GITMR in quite some time, I respect his decision and his reasons for it. When your heart isn't in it anymore it's probably time to move on.

Some of his comments are in line with how I view my own blog (no, I'm not going away!) but his views on holistic health. I initially started this blog with raw vegan food as the focus but as I have evolved so has my blog. As you can tell, I don't always talk about raw food. I love different topics. I love variety. Maybe it's because I get bored talking about one thing or maybe it's my personality but talking a little bit of this and a little bit of that is what I enjoy. < --- I'm talking about my blog only, not others'.

I've lost readers over the years because I don't always focus on raw food but I have other interests I like to share. I suppose there's an overall theme/vibe here where topics can relate or connect but also be completely different. It does make it a little more challenging when describing what my blog is about though! ha ha! Oh well. Varied suits me.

Anyway, going back to holistic health and raw food, I believe there are different ways to get healthy. Health is not a one-size-fits-all, including raw food. However, I'm a strong believer in its power and benefits and also, believe having raw food more present in one's diet can make a world of difference. Not enough people eat whole, raw, organic foods. But what I'm saying is, I don't believe one has to be 100% raw or whatever percentage to be considered healthy. I don't believe all cooked food is bad (with the Standard American Diet though, most foods are literally cooked to death that there is no benefit). Some people, however, go to forums like GITMR or people's blogs and argue how they are right and I/you am/are wrong. It's not as simple as that. It doesn't work that way. It's not inspiring or motivating to anyone on the receiving (or witnessing) end of that.

I'm still working on improving my own personal health journey. I have a list of things I should be doing, such as exercise and things I should be eating, many of which are raw.

Sam and I know someone who thought that because we weren't 100% raw 100% of the time, said we are liars and that we shouldn't call ourselves raw foodists at all (this person isn't raw in the least but is an angry person). Um, okaayy. This is one of the reasons why I like to steer clear of labels. They're helpful in one sense but confining in another, especially if someone is looking for something to be crabby about.

Where am I going with all this? Nowhere. I actually didn't mean to go on such a tangent. ha! But I think as we evolve, our interests change, our families grow, or what have you that what we talk about, who we associate with or where we frequent they all change as well so that's why my blog is the way it is now. Pretty much since YS2 was born my focus is mostly on him and his needs and less time putting things in the dehydrator or making pretty food presentations. Although, I've got some pulp left over from today's juice I need to make crackers with or something...

my juicing helper

Now that GITMR is shutting down, it's time to check in a little more often at rawfoodrehab.ning.com. I'm at a place in my life open to more inspiration and be more committed to MY health journey (I don't follow any one health guru to tell me what I should or shouldn't do -- I look to those who inspire). Maybe I'll see you there?

Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post