Two



My little bambino, Caleb (aka YS2, Yardsnacker Jr., Sweet Baby, Bugaboo, Chub-Lubs, etc.) is two years old today. Sigh. It’s been an amazing two years and life has never been the same.

To my sweet boy-


I love you because you’re a part of me and a part of your papa but you are all you and so very very special.
I love you because you love all.
I love you for your spirit, your sweetness.
I love it when you see a metro bus you point to it and say, “Mama!” because you know I take the bus to work.
I love that you have red hair and blue eyes, just like your Grandma S.
I love that when something is broken you want me to fix it with tape, even flat tires.
I love that you kiss your own boo-boos.
I love that when others are sad you give them kisses and loves.
I love that you love green apples (granny smiths).
I love that there are many foods you love that many adults have never tried or heard of.
I love you because you are adventurous.


I love you because you are a little shy.
I love you because you sneeze twice like your mama.
I love you because you’re funny like your papa.
I love you because you love to tease us.
I love you because you love your Uncle Matt soooo much you want to give him apples all the time.
I love you because you love all animals.
I love you because you are so compassionate.
I love you because you are so smart.
I love that you love trucks but that you still call them cars.
I love because you and I play together and laugh together.


I love it when you say lady (laylay), orange (or-un), olive (eye-ah) and crayon (kree-yun).
I love that you call every baby, child, kid you see a baby.
I love it when you get sweaty your hair curls more.
I love that we still don't know 100% yet if you're a lefty or a righty but I think you might be righty.
I love how you smell.
I love your smile.
I love to hear you breathing in my ear when we snuggle.
I love to hear you suck on your fingers for comfort.
I love that you tug on our ears for comfort including your 3-yr old cousin who doesn’t understand why you want his ear.
I love to see you run with excitement.
I love to hear you talk.
I love that there are some words I still don’t understand.
I love to hear you laugh.
I love that you love taking walks and being outside.


I love you because you amaze me with new discoveries and things you’ve learned.
I love you because you remind me and show me the beauty that surrounds us. That life is grand.
I love that when you see sharp things or things you shouldn't touch you say, "big no-no!"
I love that when you see the blender you say, "loud" and cover your ears.
I love that when we use said blender you run to your room and shut the door till it's done.
I love you because you have opinions.
I love that mealtime is still messy.
I love that you kiss all your stuffed animals and books.
I love that you kiss the phone when we’re talking to someone you know.
I love that you’re happy.
I love you because you have emotions – many of which you’re still learning how to cope with.
I love that you get loud.
I love that you want me to read to you all the time.
I love you because you love to explore (and sometimes get into trouble *wink*).
I love you because you love to figure how things work.


I love your independence.
I love that you still need me.
I love that you’re growing up.
I love that every up and down to get you here was worth it. The wait was worth it. Everything was worth you being here.


I love you because you are a part of our family - you made us a family.
I love that the reasons why and how I love you is never ending.
I love everything about you.
I love you because you’re YOU.

Not a day goes by when I don’t thank God for every moment with you. You have made life more fulfilling and more meaningful. You may be only two but you have taught me so much and I love you for that.

Happy birthday sweet Caleb.


Love mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post