A New Day, A New Month

Hello everybody! Hope your Monday is off to a good start…for a Monday. Here's a recap with some pics taken from the weekend.
peekaboo!
I’m still dreaming about yesterday – the weather here was most incredible. Simply gorgeous and wonderful to be outside and soak in the sun (not all pics shown were taken yesterday - Saturday's weather wasn't as spectacular as Sunday's).


Of course, the weekend was filled with garden time but it was the weekend we needed to have our garden in shape for the season. Being part of a community garden there are rules to be kept and meeting the cultivation deadline is one of them. It’s all good though. We hired a nephew to come weed (yay). I’d do it but someone’s gotta keep up with YS2! So while nephew weeded the strawberry bed, Yardsnacker tilled the plots. It’s looking good now. Soon we’ll be planting all of our goodies.


We went for several walks this weekend too – along with everyone else it seems in the neighborhood. That means lots of dogs and that also means YS2 is in dog heaven! Lots of slobber was swapped between boy and beast – one cutie little doggie and him were the best of pals and just loved each other so much! The cutie dog’s owner melted over Caleb’s love for her pooch that she had to give Caleb a hug and a kiss. Caleb was a little apprehensive and stuck to my leg like velcro. It’s one thing if you’re a dog wanting a kiss but a whole ‘nother thing if you’re a person. Ha ha! One day we’ll have a dog but until then he can enjoy everyone else’s (with permission of course). While at the park (the garden is next to a dog park and pet memorial [I don't like calling it a pet cemetery and I'm not sure it even is one]) he got to see and interact with lots more dogs. This boy has no fear and loves each dog, big or small, bark-y or quiet. If he can’t give the dog a love and a kiss then he blows it a kiss.

Falcon Man - sculpture in pet memorial

Checking out Falcon Man
I grew up with different animals including many dogs and cats and loved them all but I can’t say I had the same affection YS2 has for animals (bugs too). Although, I do have a soft spot for cats. I’m more of a cat person than anything else. I’m not a fan of birds or fish as pets – for me personally that is. Too much responsibility aka cleaning.

Yesterday’s weather was so amazing and so perfect for May Day that it was the perfect day for having a baby! Congrats to my brother-in-law and his wife on their new son! We’re so happy he’s here and healthy and mama too – can’t wait to meet him.


I tried a new kombucha. Well, new to me. It’s called Bucha and I found it at Whole Foods. It was more expensive at $4 for a 16 oz bottle. I wasn’t that impressed. I mean for the price alone it wasn’t worth it and most likely wouldn’t buy it again - well, maybe - depending on my options. When I buy a kombucha I’ll stick with GT’s – it’s cheaper and tastes better. Home brew is good stuff and is way cheaper than all of them.


Off I go to make myself useful. Today’s weather is far different than yesterday’s. ;(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post