Halloween Mixed-Bag

Happy spooky Halloween!


Can you believe Halloween is here?! Wow, this month flew by. This whole year is flying by and now it’s Halloween weekend. Are any of you dressing up? I’m not (zzz) but so far at work today I’ve seen a Pac-Man (which made me laugh), a scary Nun, a lady with devil horns and a red scarf (??), a ski bum (woman dress in ski clothes with a prosthetic butt), a ketchup bottle, and a woman with witchy leggings. There may have been others but with some people in the metro area it’s hard to tell what’s a costume and what’s not. Hee hee!

I’m so excited to take YS2 out trick-or-treating Sunday. This is a whole new experience for him this year. He’s still not old enough to get it really or appreciate the traditions or festivities but he’ll get a taste. Well, not literally. I don’t plan on feeding him any candy. Next year might more of a challenge on that issue. :/

I’ll post post-Halloween pics when I’ve got them (*remember camera*) but here are a few from last year - he was six months old:


Only a few more days left to enter my giveaway for a Trek Light Gear hammock. Even if hammocks “aren’t your thing” you can give it away to someone who would enjoy it. Also, in case you’re nervous about relaxing or sleeping in one or even setting one up, here’s a helpful blog post from TLG. It might just change your mind or put it at ease. As I previously mentioned, we set up our hammock a little too tight but it was still very comfortable and secure. Giveaway here.

I’ve been mulling over the idea of entering in a small yet fun food challenge. Yeah, you heard me. I’m not going to say which one or what it involves exactly because I don’t want to commit and then not follow through. I’m just thinking about it at this point. I’ll decide this weekend. Maybe. :) I’m so non-committal. How annoying.

I finally ordered a few items from CSN Stores to review. If you recall, I mentioned a couple weeks ago about CSN offering me a chance to review something from their website. Did you know I’m one of their Preferred Bloggers? Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway, I was able to order three items: two kitchen items – I’ll let you know what they are when I do the actual reviews of each – and one thing for YS2. Look for those reviews soon.

Awhile ago, I won a sample of Maggie’s soap nuts from Kelli. I’ve been curious about these for so long but never broke down and bought any. I waited to win some and my patience paid off. And hey, these are pretty cool. Just put five little soap nuts in the cotton bag provided and toss in the wash and let it do its thing. Clothes were clean and soft. Lasts about five washes but depending on how you wash they can last a little longer. For us, about six washes but might be able to push it to seven. Very cool that these grow on trees. What they are is the dried fruit of the soapberry tree and contain saponin, a natural detergent or cleaner. So, very eco-friendly. Thanks again to Kelli and Maggie’s.

Have any of you read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson? I recently picked that up to read on my daily commutes. Where I bought it at the cashier noticed it and said her 4 yo daughter’s daycare is reading that to her and her classmates. ??? Seriously? What a weird thing to read to a young child (or is it just me?). I was already familiar with the description before reading it but once I began I thought it even more strange that a daycare would read this to little kids. HOWEVER, I completely understand the temptation to read it to whomever or wherever because it is that intriguing. I will continue to refrain from reading it to my lil one though.

Enjoy the Halloween weekend whatever you do, even if it’s passing out candy to the kiddies and watching a movie (that sounds fun actually - with popcorn).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post