Ahhhh Nutz!

I have another product review to share with you. This time by Oh Nuts! I tried their raw organic walnuts. I don't particularly like walnuts by themselves but I knew the almonds were definitely pasteurized and cashews are so tricky, plus we already had some at home. I also thought walnuts would be a good selection to try since hubby likes them in his salads and I like them when they're pulverized and used in something such as taco "meat." Hmm, maybe I'll share the recipe with you...later though. :)

When we received them, they were fresh and tasty but one of hubby's first thoughts were they were cooked. Meaning they weren't truly raw. I actually don't know for sure. I've asked the company if all their raw nuts are pasteurized but didn't hear back in time for this post. I would
assume yes, they're all pasteurized - just note that I am guessing. I do know, as they have confirmed, that the almonds are but that's pretty much a standard all the way around. I can understand why a company would pasteurize their products - whether it's liked or not. Anyway, we did use them for various recipes and salads and they were really good. Even shared some with a friend who also really liked them.

Oh Nuts! appears to offer a lot of great products on their website but they're mostly geared towards a non-raw foodie. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) However, they do have a pretty decent selection of raw nuts - just type in raw nuts in the search bar and you'll see. Now, I wish I tried some raw macs. You know those have got to be good!


Update: their raw walnuts are NOT pasteurized so they're truly raw. Gobble away!

Comments

I'm not a raw walnut fan. The roof of my mouth breaks out and it becomes raw! I do love them cooked, especially baked into a chocolate chip cookie. mmmm
So I guess I won't be trying those. notsomuch.
only 82 days left of your pregnancy! That is the coolest little gadget on the side! less than 3 months. Wow.
~a
psssst, email me. You have a name picked yet???
xxoo
Katy said…
I just found your blog, and I love it! I'm originally from Seattle too, and I can't wait to move back in a few months.
I love walnuts, but I don't think I've ever had them raw. I'll pick some up if I see them!
bitt said…
for some reason i thought most walnuts were considered raw. let us know what you find out.
Lauren said…
Yum! I love walnuts!! I hope you and yardsnacker had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!
Michelle said…
Hey Heidi,
There is an Oh Nuts not too far from where i live! I go there a lot to stock up on stuff, but I admit I get stuff thats not raw...I am not raw!!!

Their nuts are always fresh and tasty!!!

Good review!!!
Michelle said…
I did the 7 things i love on my blog!!!

Come look!!!!
Anonymous said…
I've missed you too! I have been following your blog as often as possible, of course, you do kinda have an great excuse: pregnancy is much more important than blogging, IMO. But it is so very nice to see you :)

(I like raw walnuts on my raw ice cream? does that count?)
RisibleGirl said…
Me no likee walnuts. Blech. I think when people put them in brownies, it's a sin!

Isn't mom allergic to walnuts?

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post