Stay Tuned!



Does every first time blogger start out with this title? This is my first attempt at blogging and am still figuring things out.

The purpose of this blog is mainly about my raw food life with a few ramblings of whatnot in between. I do have a life you know! Ha ha!

I began eating raw (partially) since July 2007 along with my hubby. He has since become 100% raw vegan while I'm at about 65%-100% raw, depending on the day, week, etc. I'd say I'm more 70% during the week and the weekend 95%-100%. I don't punish myself or feel terribly guilty if I don't eat all raw. It's just where I'm at right now and I'm content with that. Things can change however. :) For instance, I have thought about doing a juice feast but on a small scale. While many raw foodies challenge themselves to a 90+ day juice fast I'm not that crazy!!! For me, start out slow....like ONE DAY. Maybe even up to three days. Ooooh! Now, that's crazy!

Many people don't quite understand this whole raw food "thing" but most are supportive in their own way. Some think huh? What could you possibly find to eat that is satisfying and filling? And no meat, dairy? What? It's one thing if they hear you're a vegetarian or vegan. But raw? What does that even mean?!

To me raw means good health, energy, clean, light, happiness, spirituality, organic, and etc. It also means challenge. I mean that in a good way though. No matter what avenue one takes for better health it takes commitment and time. It just does. Fortunately, my husband and I are in this together. Of course, I'm not at the same level he is so that might be a little difficult for him at times but when we're together at least we are both in it. That makes it easier and I know it makes him happy, which makes me happy. :)

The benefits received from this over the past seven months? More energy, healthier skin, sleep better (I never really had problems in this area before but have noticed I sleep more soundly now that I'm not drinking coffee [I do miss it though but I feel better w/o it oddly enough] or eating poorly before bed) and 32 POUNDS GONE! WOO HOO! I actually look forward to stepping on the scale. That has never happened before.

For not really knowing where I was going to start I think I do okay for the first time. I didn't expect to get this far.

Stay tuned! ha ha!

Comments

yardsnacker said…
I am the luckiest man alive.
RisibleGirl said…
And I'm the luckiest sister alive- not for the same reasons though! :)

Welcome to the blogosphere. You look fabulous and amazing. Of course you always have- but I can't believe how teeny you are!

I have LOTS of clothes for you. Maybe we can get together next weekend. This weekend is taken (BJ is traveling this week and is home Friday night. weee ha!)

Love you!
HiHoRosie said…
Well, I think it's obvious that I'm the luckiest girl alive ever to have BOTH of you in my life! Many hugs and kisses to you both!
Lesley Anne said…
WELCOME TO BLOG WORLD! Thanks for posting on my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post