YS2

Two weeks ago this day I gave birth to our son, Caleb (here's a pic from when he was a few days old).

It wasn't easy getting him here but thankfully Caleb and I are doing great. I am forever grateful to my husband, Yardsnacker, for his love and support - I just wish it wasn't so hellacious on him. Also, thanks to him for donating blood and encouraging others to follow suit. Usually, I'm one who's donating blood - I've never been on the receiving end of those donations before. If you can, donate donate donate!

If you didn't see the announcement/stats on Sam's blog here they are:

Caleb born Sunday, May 3rd at 6:09 AM, weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and measured 21.5 inches long. And yes, he was born with strawberry blond hair. Everyone is giving me looks wondering how this could be but I'm tellin ya, Sam is the father! LOL! We don't need to go on the Jerry Springer show. Both of our mothers have reddish hair so we ended up passing all of our recessive genes to our new little sprout. Now I'm all for redheads!

I haven't decided how much of my birth story I want to share. Probably not much but just the stuff I think is important to share.

I'm just so over the moon for my new little babe. We've been so blessed just to have him but on top of all of that he is a very calm, mellow baby. Doesn't complain much. At least, for now. :) We're so in love with him! I love just watching him sleep in my arms - especially when he's dreaming!

Many thanks to you for your love and support during and after pregnancy. It really means a lot to our family.

Comments

Lauren said…
Like I said on FB--he is soooo beautiful! You are truely blessed! Congratulations! :)
Unknown said…
He is so cute! I love the picture with his tongue. I am always interested in a birth story. We all have very different ways to come into the world and none are bad or good, they just ARE. It's about the end product...the beautiful babes! I love remembering sleeping with and holding mine for hours at a time. It's hard not to want another one..
Congrats!
Leora said…
Oh, congratulations! He looks like such a sweetheart. He's lucky to have such a warm and loving mom.

p.s. don't forget to rest--that's your most important job for the next month.
Carol said…
Oh HiHo he is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you seemed to have a difficult time bringing him into the world but am happy you are reporting you both are doing well. Give him big smooches for me!!!
Congratulations. I have to get busy on that blanket, now that I know his name. I had time way back when, now life is picking up with gardening, and all, but I will work on it.
~a
Isle Dance said…
Sooooooo beauuuuutifully handsome, your precious little sprout! Of course, I want to hear every detail you want to share. Love to you all! :o)
Sarah said…
Caleb is absolutely gorgeous. There is nothing like finally holding your precious baby in your arms that you carried for 9 months. It's so good to hear from you and know that all is going well now. I look forward to hearing anything you want to share from your experience.

Hugs,
Sarah
RisibleGirl said…
He's even more beautiful in person! It looks like I'm going to have an easy go of it when it comes to teaching him to ham it up for the camera. Riley now tells Jess that he needs me there to stick his tongue out at the camera. That's my boy!

Next... Caleb.

I love you Sis!
bitt said…
What a cutie!

Share what you feel comfortable sharing. I'm sure others will learn from your experience.

Thanks for showing us the little sprout, I like that nickname. :-)
Amanda said…
Congratulations! He is such a beautiful little boy! Thank you for sharing XOXO
Unknown said…
ohhhhh... he's absolutely gorgeous. stunning. congratulations!
Kathy said…
Heidi, he is absolutely adorable!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Wendi Dee said…
Oh, Heidi! He's absolutely lovely!!! Thanks so much for the update! I LOVE his hair color!!

Enjoy these days! They go by too quickly.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO
Debbie Young said…
oh Heidi, I just love YS2! and i love that you named your post that!
He is precious and totally looks like Sam and you in a really groovy mix.. just love love love!!!!
I have a little something for old cutie patootie there.. will send it soon
deb xooxxo
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! However he got here, he is gorgeous! So glad to hear everyone is doing well!

~Connie
Ingrid said…
Aw, you both created a perfect angel! He is precious!!! Congratulations!!!
Michelle said…
Heidi and Sam

Caleb is just a beautiful little baby!!

God bless him and you both!!!
shannonmarie said…
I didn't expect you to be back to blogging so soon, but it is good to see a new post, especially one with such adorable pics. Thanks for sharing. He is one handsome little guy :-)
Colleen Miller said…
I love the pics! Soooo cute!!! I hope you are feeling well! Good to see you doing some blogs! :-)
Heather Pace said…
Rosie!!!
Huge congrats to you and hubby on your most beautiful baby boy!!! So exciting!
Im glad to hear you're doing well.

Sending love and light to you guys!

Heathy
Lindsay said…
he's beyond stunning darlin' !! good for you!! And I've always loved the name Caleb. Congrats Heidi and Yardsnacker: you procreate wonderfully :)

Popular posts from this blog

WEGO Health: Superpower!

Guest Blog Post