>> Friday, July 22, 2011
Hmm…let’s think about this.
- I don’t like to run, climb stairs, or knowing that I’m exercising in general – I like being active but not the act of exercising, if that makes sense.
- I haven’t been walking daily or as often as I should.
- I love yoga but again, haven’t done it in eons.
- I huff and puff because I’m out of shape.
- I can be competitive – I don't care to beat out anybody on this climb but it has sparked my determination and competitiveness to put my goal of getting fit into action. Gotta start somewhere right? So this is my personal competition to prove to myself I can do it.
- I’ve got three months to prep and train.
- It’s for a good cause. I had (mild) asthma as a kid and have a family member with COPD.
- I’ve never done anything like this before.
- I’ve been inspired by others’ journeys.
- I’m motivated to do this.
- I want to do this.
- I can do this.
Does anyone have any tips for me to properly get started on my new fitness regime? Where do I begin?
Of course, I’ll be eating cleaner. The easy part, right? And hey, wouldn’t you know it? How timely there’s a raw food challenge coming up on Monday I can participate in to help me get on track. Btw, if you’re curious about raw foods or looking to get back into raw foods yourself but need help getting started, this 7-day challenge might be of interest to you too. Only 7 days...not 30 or whatever. Just a week. Details can be found here or check out Ashley’s blog for her personal updates. She’s new to raw foods and is taking on the challenge for the first time. It’ll be interesting to follow her experience. So who's up for the challenge with me?
So root me on. Share your suggestions or personal experience. I’ll need all the help I can get.
Have a good weekend! And remember, if you haven’t entered the Tropical Traditions Hair Oils giveaway, it’s still going on. Enter here.
P.S. I'm still getting caught up with blog reading. If I haven't been by your blog to really catch up (I'm not the type to just read the latest post and call it good) then be rest assured I'm working my way over. I just don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them. That would make me sad.